A-6a vs A-6e

ok, thanks guys. I actually checked for that and this model doesn't have them, so I guess kudos to fujimi. One thing thats confusing me is the instrument panel. Its a different setup on the plastic and the decal. They're vastly different.

Ralph,

If you're building the Fujimi A-6A kit, it is accurate as is. They don't have the TRAM turret in that boxing (it's ona separate spue for the A-6E kits) Just make sue you use the perf speed brake, as I'm pretty sure you get both in the kit. The instructions are pretty clear on that though.

Jeff,

You're correct ... early E's weren't TRAM. In fact, visually it was difficult to tell early E's from late A's, aside from the newer seat. We had early and late A's and some early E's (1975). There were A's with the ALQ-100 booms on the outbd pylons, some without them, and some had them but were empty. And we had a mix of perf'ed fuselage speed brake panels and solid ones.

The biggest thing about the early E's that we received, was that they'd been completely rewired ... all the green, crumbling coax cabling was new and it made a big difference in keeping the aircraft up.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the wing root I have to disagree, as the ECM fairings were also found in some A6-A, therefore the Wing root desing of some A6-A and A6-E are alike.

Look these images:

Bert Kinzey & Ray Leader (C&M nº 5)

a6_3.jpg

Lou Drendel (Squadron, MMA nº 5007)

a6_1.jpg

Robert Dorr (WAPJ, nº 12)

a6.jpg

Hope it can helps!