The call would be as example

"Fast Eagle 100, Rhino 5.0 Ball"

Fast Eagle is the radio call sign for VFA-14

100 is the Modex

Rhino is the term telling the LSO that a Superhornet is landing

5.0 is the fuel state

Ball means that the pilot sees the ball.

Edited by A6BSTARM
The call would be as example

"Fast Eagle 100, Rhino 5.0 Ball"

Fast Eagle is the radio call sign for VFA-14

100 is the Modex

Rhino is the term telling the LSO that a Superhornet is landing

5.0 is the fuel state

Ball means that the pilot sees the ball.

Not to be anal about it and get off the point. But, "Fast Eagle" is VFA-41's call sign. (VFA-41 is VFA-14's sister squadron on the Nimitz).

Cheers!

John

Thanks guys. As soon as someone comes up with the radio calll sign for VFA-14, I'll have the title for my next ARC gallery submission.

I guess I'll just have to guesstimate the lengthwise position of the flap actuators. It's going to be the Monogram 1/48th F/A-18E, configured for a Carrier trap. Anyone know of any aftermarket flaps/slats for a 1/48th scale Rhino?

Not to be anal about it and get off the point. But, "Fast Eagle" is VFA-41's call sign. (VFA-41 is VFA-14's sister squadron on the Nimitz).

Cheers!

John

My bad :whistle:

I got those two mixed up. I remember when they both were straight fighters with CVW-8 when onboard the USS Enterprise.

Thanks a lot guys, but I'm not looking for pictures of the hinges, I'm looking for the positions of the actuators that actually move the flaps in and out. You know, the hydraulic cylinders or whatever they use.

The Title of the article, once I get the model built (already got the landing gear built in the uncompressed position) will be "Camelot 200, Rhino, 5.0, Ball", as opposed to "Camelot 200, Rhino, 5.0, Clara". One would hope that the CAG would know better than to use Clara on final, because there is a considerable risk ot flight ONTO the Boat becoming flight INTO the Boat.