1/72 F-4 Phantom decals

Hi All,

I'm new here and it might be that this one has allready once been asked...

I'm looking for 1/72 F-4 Phantom decals, which are all but US/German/Japanese or Israeli...

Cutting Edge once had CED72020 in stock, but I (am I the only one !?) have been looking for this sheet for over a year now, but it just can't be found anymore...

Anyone any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,

Sentry

Hi Sentry30 !

Icarus has a Decals Sheet for greece F and RF-4 Phantoms and on this sheet are also some F-104 markings for the greek air force. The nummber is ID72002 and the same sheet for scale 48 is the number ID48003. Cheers, Udo.

PS: ID48004/48005/48006 are complete Phantom Stencils in black/white and grey. Is anyone interested, the sheet ID72001 and ID48002 is for Greek Mirage 2000, F-16C and A-7 Corsairs.

Thanks guys for your replies so far.

I saw the Icarus set before, but thought it was only for the F-104... So, I,ll be buying that !

I did not find any CAM model set, but I'll keep on looking for that. I just can't believe CED72020 is made any more, there must be more people looking for this decalset ! Does any one have a (e)mail address for CED ?

If there are more people with suggestions for my questions, please keep post them, you would be very helpfull !

Thanks again,

Daniël

PS RaidenJack, it was nice to see those Norwegian f-5's over there !

Hi,

A sheet covering colorful Greek (RIAT 2005), Spanish ( Golden eagle scheme) and Iranian RF-4C/E from Hi-decal is currently in preparation.

It will be printed in 1/72 and 1/48 scales and should be available early in 2006.

Cheers

Diego

Hi Daniel,

CAM never did that Phantom sheet in 72nd scale: they only did it in 32nd and 48th scales. So thats why you can't find it. I too have been looking for the same CE sheet for years with no luck. The best I've been able to find is a partial sheet with the ROKAF markings. I'd really like to get the Iranian markings. Hopefully Hi Decals forthcoming sheet will solve this problem. Good luck! Fred K- in the same boat as you.

Hello,

Diego, the news on the Hi-Decal sheet is great !! (although I wonder how long it will take before I can get a hand on them here in The Netherlands....).

PS where did you get this information from, do they have a web-site ?

Fred, I think you mean this sheet: http://www.gustav.x-y.net/htmbox(2)/decals/(d)korea.html

It doesn't look very promissing I think, but then again, if this is all there is to get...

Is there anybody who knows where I can get 1/72 scale F-4 AAR-probes ? It seems they aswell have been soldout all over the world.. Or is there anybody who knows how to scratchbuilt them ?

Thanks and greetings to you all,

Daniël

CAM decals did Turkish, IIAF and Greek F-4s in 1/48 and I believe they also offered a set in 1/72. That would get you a couple of the markings anyway.

CAM did do a sheet but not sure if they did 1/72.

Those other markings, cutting edge/meteor productions maybe, I had the sheet, came with Spain, IIAN something else I dont remember and NYANG, I did it in 1/72 all 5 planes, several years ago.

Real nice sheet.

For Greece and Turkey I used a superscale Starfighter sheet in 1/72. Had to hit the spare box for numbers and such but the roundels appeared to be correct. Greek flag needed to be trimed smaller if I remember correctly.

Edited by phantom