F-18C VFA-15 Valions

Awesome work, Frederick! I don't have the guts to build 1/32 but you sure make me want to try. Keep up the inspiring work!

Aaron

thanx for the kind words

Well go ahead and build a 1/32 kit you wont want anything else from then on i promise you :D

Seriously neat detailling stubske :worship: Your U/C legs look SUPERB.

Very well done. Would you tell me what you are using for the wiring please?

Very impressive work so far,.......I can't wait to see the U/C legs with a lick of paint on them :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Thanx but its smal stuff compared too your flanker :cheers:

well for the wiring i use evergreen plain and simple the smallest rod available i think its 010" i need to buy some more ive used the last rod up

as far as the painting i cant paint (spray) at my appartment so i have to go over a friends house to do that

so i gues i have to wait a bit longer to have a major session

thanx all for the kind words appreciate it

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Edited by stusbke

MO 20/2/2006

i wanted to open some doors on the nose end to busy it up a bit

her's what ive done so far

first i started with the refueling point

here's how that looks on the outside

post-54-1140455781.jpg

on the inside however make sure you make it flush with inside or else the front gear bay wont fit anymore :D

post-54-1140455994.jpg

then i made the paneldoor and its fasteners

and heres how i want it to look

post-54-1140456104.jpg

then its off to the other side where i wanted to open up the gun door, however i noticed that the front gear bay is in the way so i just removed the light and make it flat again i also added some styrene to the doors edges. I also drilled the pop up indicators out and made them from styrene rod.

heres how all of that looks.

post-54-1140456510.jpg

then i made the door with the pop up indicator and the fastners. There also seems to be a bar there to keep the door opened wich i added too

post-54-1140456671.jpg

With the door in place. As you can see its not wide open but you can see the details off the door

post-54-1140456748.jpg

thats all for now back to the hornet.

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Hey Stub,

very nice build, progress is goin great, can't wait to see it when it's done, mate.

Greetz

Danny

thanx mate i hope to have her ready to paint verry soon

Whew... man! That´s gonna be a beauty! :banana: VERY nice choice of decals - I do really like that one and I´m looking forward to it. Also very beautiful custom additions on the cockpit and the gear. :cheers:

thanx for that

yeah i like this bird a lot as ive seen it in real live at an airshow in belgium only then they painted it up with green and yellow but i digged the leo from the start looks kickass, after this tail i like the sunliners second best :wierdo:

anyway im back to my hornet still have lots of fiddely things to do :D

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

FRI 24/02/2006

Made some progress :lol:

i opened up some panels on her rear end

these are the panels im talking about

post-54-1140775627.jpg

in the daco book i saw a picture where these paneles were opened so i opened them. The two panels that have the styrene in will be barely opened so theres no way you could see inside i just need to paint it black and thats it

the other four however show some plumbing inside i think its from the engine. The daco book has a picture of it however i cant tell whats all in there? any tips on whats all in there appreciated if not im gonna use a little bit of artistic lisence to build some detail

anyway i finsiched the rear doors and here they are

post-54-1140775851.jpg

when all the doors are in place it will look like this (hopefully)

post-54-1140775902.jpg

last picture

post-54-1140775942.jpg

thats all for now

hoping for another update soon

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Edited by stusbke

TU 28/02/2006

ok im still at this beauty no worries only im kinda stuck on the ordnance right now and its a tough pill to swallow

I decided im gonna arm her up with MER's (2 on the outboard pylons) and gastanks (2 on the inner pylons)

so i started with the MER's

now these things dont come in the box but they do however come in the new trumpeter A-7

so i kinda ripped that box open and got them out only to find out that these are regular TER and not MER :blink:

so im gonna scratch all the extras myself heres how that looks so far ive made the fuse wires on the outer hardpoints and started to add the braces in the middle this one needs some work but i hope you get the idea.

post-54-1141163853.jpg

last picture from another angle (but also crappy sorry for the quality hope to take some better when there done )

post-54-1141163932.jpg

these suckers sure do take a lot of work to make lots of clean up was needed at the sway braces and boy are there a lot on these :/ anyway hope to have them finisched soon

I also would like to ask you fellas a Q these blue little tiny bombs that they put on them does any one have some details (plans dimensions) on these as i need to scratch them also (but not that many so)

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

WE 1/3/2006

i have finisched the MER's

post-54-1141239649.jpg

post-54-1141239689.jpg

the difference between a TER and a MER are the two white things in the middle for as far i could see in the daco book and on the net. So i build them from scratch i also added the firing cables on the horizontal mounting points as they were missing OOB.

post-54-1141239732.jpg

on a pylon it looks this

post-54-1141239994.jpg

last picture

post-54-1141240036.jpg

well thats all for now hope to have another update soon

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

:rolleyes:

and a GBU-28....not sure if the Hornet carried this

Which ordnace do these things lauch?

thanx

these things only launch Mk 76 or BDU-33 practice bombs and Mk 58 MLM (marine location markers)

not sure wich ones im gonna install on these puppies (yet :blink: )

about the GBU-28 i dont know either :banana: i think nowadays its all JDAM's and GBU-12's that's hanging under a hornet

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Edited by stusbke
MO 20/2/2006

i wanted to open some doors on the nose end to busy it up a bit

her's what ive done so far

first i started with the refueling point

here's how that looks on the outside

post-54-1140455781.jpg

on the inside however make sure you make it flush with inside or else the front gear bay wont fit anymore :whistle:

post-54-1140455994.jpg

then i made the paneldoor and its fasteners

and heres how i want it to look

post-54-1140456104.jpg

then its off to the other side where i wanted to open up the gun door, however i noticed that the front gear bay is in the way so i just removed the light and make it flat again i also added some styrene to the doors edges. I also drilled the pop up indicators out and made them from styrene rod.

heres how all of that looks.

post-54-1140456510.jpg

then i made the door with the pop up indicator and the fastners. There also seems to be a bar there to keep the door opened wich i added too

post-54-1140456671.jpg

With the door in place. As you can see its not wide open but you can see the details off the door

post-54-1140456748.jpg

thats all for now back to the hornet.

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Nice work on the gun door. We get in crap when we don't open it all the way and pin it. But most of us leave it the way you have it displayed. That way when we do the pre-flight with the pilot we can keep up with him instead of fudging with the pin and the door. Once he checks the gun we fasten the door closed.

ok thanx for the intel on that one scooby :whistle:

so am i also correct to say that the doors on the rear end could be opened too or are these only for maintenance and not on the preflight check?

just checking here

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

ok thanx for the intel on that one scooby :blink:

so am i also correct to say that the doors on the rear end could be opened too or are these only for maintenance and not on the preflight check?

just checking here

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Normally the rear doors would closed at that point. The pilot normally doesn't look in there.

The only panels we have open for the pilot are the gun door, and 13R (to store langing gear pins) and 14R (armanent computer door).

The fuel panel would be open if it were a ground run (to hook up coms) and the back two panels would be open for a GMM run with the engines de-coupled and the handles extended down through the door opening.

Clear as mud?

It would not be out of the ordinary for a jet to look exactly the way depicted post flight during the "After" flight check.

Edited by Scooby
Normally the rear doors would closed at that point. The pilot normally doesn't look in there.

The only panels we have open for the pilot are the gun door, and 13R (to store langing gear pins) and 14R (armanent computer door).

The fuel panel would be open if it were a ground run (to hook up coms) and the back two panels would be open for a GMM run with the engines de-coupled and the handles extended down through the door opening.

Clear as mud?

It would not be out of the ordinary for a jet to look exactly the way depicted post flight during the "After" flight check.

so basicly it would have any ordnance left on her then :blink: or is this also not true because i wanted to arm the MER's with 2 MLM and six Mk-76 practice bombs

and those two other doors you mentioned are they also reopened for the after flight check?

just checking here

thanx for the tips scooby

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

SAT 4/03/2006

after a day of sanding and trail and error ive finaly managed to get ONE practice bomb together wich i hope to cast later because i dont feel like doing this six times :crazy: anyway here it is

ive put inside a bottle cap to give a size comparison its small even in 1/32 :gluk:

post-54-1141504322.jpg

and heres how that looks on the MER

post-54-1141720284.jpg

after this i started on the last major construction on this beauty

im gonna depict this bird post flight so i had to open two more panels to make it right

this is how far i got this day

post-54-1141504859.jpg

these two fotos show you how busy it gets in there

post-54-1141504931.jpg

the last picture show you from the outside i still have to make all the details inside (lots off boxes and the shelves and tons of wiring)

post-54-1141505016.jpg

last pictures shows you where these panels are on the f-18

post-54-1141505108.jpg

well i got to go have a date with a hornet

i hope to have another major update soon

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Edited by stusbke
  • 2 weeks later...

TU 14/03/2005

made some progress :sarcastic: ive finisched the main gear bays added some detail in there to brighten it up a bit and to make the details more 3D

anyway hers how all of that looks like

right gear bay is done already to show the difference betwee OOB and my addded copper wire

post-54-1142373871.jpg

post-54-1142374269.jpg

and when both were done

post-54-1142373992.jpg

last picture

post-54-1142374048.jpg

there, thats all for now back to the bench hope to have another update soon

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

:rofl:

What exactly do those mini-bombs do? (Why not go with the old Mk-83 :huh:)

Anthony those are practice bombs. Well Mk.83's cost more than a little practice bomb, so maybe it's to save the government money or somethin' like that. :D

Daniel

Great work Frederick, I will change your last question to me and ask you : is there an area that you will "NOT" detail ? :lol:

:thumbsup::wave:

i dont think i can answer that question yet :huh:

greetz STB

frederick jacobs