IDF A-4N "Scooter" finished

Well Bill it's nice to see ya build something that doesn't have a prop on it. The quality of the build and images are still fantastic. Hope to see more fast jets come from that mini factory of yours. By the way nice Rufe. Very interesting paint job on that floater.

Chuck

Fly Navy

Thanbk you Don, Mitch, Chuck, flyingaxe, nightrain, and Bill !

Don - I'm not a big fan of acrylics, but I used Gunze paints for the camo. Acrylics usually dry on my airbrush's (Badger 150) tip, but the paint flowed nicely for the freehand camo. It gave me the tight edges I usually only get with enamels. I feel that the progress pics give a better idea of what's in the kit's box. It can help a potential buyer of the kit decide whether or not they want to get aftermarket items.

Mitch - 4 or 5 hours a week? I get that much time on a day that I'm feeling lazy. Of course, I don't have the obligatiuons that many modelers do. I have a lot (some say too much) free time on my hands.

Chuck - the Rufe wore that color. It is a misnomer that they were painted gray. All the Rufe's were manufactured by Nakajima.

nightrain - it's a VERY nice kit, but I'd suggest getting the True Details seat. The one in the box is pretty featureless for something as prominent on the finished kit (if you open the canopy).

Thanks again !

Superb job as usual, Bill. Excellent paintwork.

As for Flying-Wings' comment, I see that he's from Italy so perhaps English isn't his first language? He may not have intended to be as rude as the translation came across...

Thank you Mike, Mike, and Mike ! (does it count that my middle name is Michael?)

Mike - I use a Canon PowerShot G5 camera (5 megapixels). For these pics, I used one overhead key light (100w. GE Reveal bulb), and one fill light (75w. GE REveal bulb). I recently got two 250w. quartz lamps, which I use for indirect/fill lighting. I use a 100w. Reveal bulb for the key. My camera will read and set the white balance, so I can use a variety of different light sources with different color temperatures.

My washes are the base colors mixed with black. Each color is mixed, and applied to their respoective areas. This gives the panel lines a relative darkness, rather than the absolute darkness of a single shade. I feel that a shade dark enough to show on the brown will be way too dark for the light blue areas. I try to keep the contrast low, and the effect subtle. Glad you noticed it!

Thanks again !