Monogram's F-117A

I just gotten Monogram's F-117A in 1/48. It is a nice kit but I notice something here. New decals and no photo etched are in this kit. The canopy is too yellow for my taste. I like to hear what other people's opines are. I do like the new set of decals for it the new gray paint for day missions is a nice touch. Too bad no Holloman AFB decals for all black but Two Bobs has them thank God for that. :D

I've got the Promodeler version stashed somewhere, but I have never opened it up to look inside. I don't know the color of the canopy, but I'm guessing it has the photoetch in it. Do they all have the same canopy? I suppose you could vac form one using the original as a pattern.

I'm working on the same kit. Yes, the tint in the canopy is too yellow but if you dip it in smoke colored Future, it should tone down the golden tint. I scribed lines on it like the Tamiya kit just to break up the boring-ness of the flat panels. I should be done soon.

I am JUST finishing mine up now. I have to agree with "Superhornet". That seem between the fusalage upper half and the wings almost made me invest all my stock in Squadron White Putty!

Canopy color is not very nice of them. A more realistic one would have to be Vac Formed as stated in a previous post. The shape is correct......the color is just....well..........

All that being said....if it looks like a "Stink Bug"......it might just be an F-117.

Just my $0.02

:banana:

Matt

Could you please look at your parts trees and tell me the part numbers for all four wing halves?

Doug, I found my instructions for Monogram kit #5834, it shows left top - 3 and left bottom - 5, but then just says "repeat for other side" without showing part #s... from the rest of the instructions I would guess the right wing parts are #s 4 & 6 - but that's just a guess.