Flightpath 1/48 lancaster set

I have it and it's quite good but the internal detail is a bit lacking, Eduard though has announced that it is doing a set for the Tamiya Lanc in April and if it is a good as the set for the Hasegawa Lanc then this will be worth getting.

Cheers

Graham.

I bought this set a few years ago........must admit i was a bit dissapointed with the lack of internal detailing pieces.

Most of the set is devoted to building the flaps (looks quite daunting).

I didn't know Eduard were doing a set.......that is great news (not to mention long overdue). :o

I also have this set, and, as with most PE, only 50% is really useable. The later editions of it come with white metal .303 barrels, but as mentioned above, the flaps and two bloody great big bits to make up the wooden wheel chocks fill the sheet. I too would have preferred more internal and turret details than what is provided.

I think Flightpath did a better job on their B-17 and B-24J sets! Odd for a UK company when there are so many Lancs there as reference.

I'll be waiting for the Eduard set to go with all the Belcher Bits. I highly recommend getting the Belcher engine nacelles.

Cheers,

Pete M.

I bought the Flightpath set a few weeks ago. Turret detailing is provided. The .303 guns are a seperate set. The flaps are well detailed but I could not get mine to fit correctly.

Included are:

Full front instrument panel with throttle controls

Flight engineers panel

Pilots seat

DF loop

Radio box

Navigators table instruments

Canopy detailing with seperate option for open side window

Front bulkhead with step and rail to bomb aimers station

Attachment ring for bomb aimers blister

Crew entry ladder, internal framework and floor that can be seen if door is open

Undercarriage details

Front, mid upper and rear turret detail

Full external framework for all canopies

Full dropped flaps

If you need scans doing of the instructions to see what you get, drop me pm. I'll gladly do them.

HTH

Chris

:banana:

Hi Pete, those pics are a help apart from i don't know where which bits go where, you wouldn't happen to have a picture or pictures of the detailing set acctually on a model Lanc would you? or does anyone have a pic of the detailing set actually on a model lanc?

Thanks

James :cheers:

Hi James. Sorry, can't show you a pic with it all attached (it's still in the box along with all the Belcher and Paragon bits!) , but now I've figured out how to post them, I'll scan the instructions which may show a bit better.

Hope they help,

Pete M.

Miduppergunner - If my (very feeble) memory is correct, I saw an ad in SAMI from CMK for 3 resin sets for the Hasegawa Lanc. Internal, Bomb Bay and Flaps/Undercarriage. Can't remember if the tailwheel was included tho.

I was kinda hoping that a review would show up for them and maybe if some brave soul would see if they fitted the Airfix kits as well (although I guess with a little alteration they might).

My initial thoughts on seeing the ad (which contained line drawings of the amendments) was that it looks very good with a couple of "odd" exceptions to the "internals". They have included a full radio fit which would be invisible (unless you do a cutaway) as it's obscured by a half-bulkhead at the end of the nav's table. They haven't included the main spar (in my opinion more obvious and visible than the radios) and they have provided a seat for the radio op. He didn't have a seat as such, he sat in a sort of cut-out on the front of the spar which again, would be virtually invisible.

But, as I said, these are observations purely from the drawings on an advert so I am probably way off target here and I look forward to seeing some actual photo's or build reviews in the future.

Hope this helps,

Regards, as always

Willie

Many thanks John & Willie - yes I have got the Airfix kit and could well use the tail wheel from that - pending and AM "kit" - it just seemed a bit odd that given all the broohaha about the Hasegawa kit and its long awaited arrival no one has done an AM kit!! However as i have said I don't like the two dimensional effect of PE any way. I also am happier building scratch bits instead.

What's wrong with the Tamiya engine nacelles?

They are a little overly simplified in the radiator area and exhaust area. They are lacking the radiator cowel doors completely. Belcher Bits (Mike Belcher) make a replacement set in resin that are very nice and very easy to install. The Tamiya ones will work but if you get a set of Belcher Bits then compare the difference is amazing.