Anybody know where to get these?

If you can do some basic scratchbuilding and resin casting, the shapes would be relatively simple to make. The biggest problem is that you need a lot of 'em, so would have to/want to cast them. But the body would be simple to turn from styrene rod, add the fins from styrene sheet, and build up the wing packs from tube and laminated sheet stock.

Could actually be a good introduction to scratchbuilding exercise.

Yeah it looks pretty easy to replicate, but then most weapons are.

I prefer to make the fins out of nickel plated steel myself, I find it makes for more realistic fins.

I think I will wait on these, they look like they might become a common load on the Liberty Wings birds so somebody will produce them...

While im on, can anybody tell me if the single GBU-10 is a common load now.

I rememeber them carrying them on the forward and aft stations [4x weapons in total] on the CFTs

While im on, can anybody tell me if the single GBU-10 is a common load now.

I rememeber them carrying them on the forward and aft stations [4x weapons in total] on the CFTs

Those aren't GBU-10s, but -24s with Mk.84 warheads. Supposedly, that's a pretty uncommon sight tho', usually the Mk.84s ARE mated to a GBU-10 seeker group. I've seen them loaded on the middle pylons before, but I can't recall where and whether they had Mk.84 or BLU-109 warheads.

:woo:

Edited by hatchet

Actually, in the photo its a Mk84 warhead [inert] mated to the PAVE WAY III LLGB kit.

I said GBU-10 meaning it as a general term for all 2000lb+ class LGBs...

It seems the weapons loads have changed since I remember them after their turn in Kosovo in the late 1990s

Edited by ElectroSoldier
Actually, in the photo its a Mk84 warhead [inert] mated to the PAVE WAY III LLGB kit.

Which is a GBU-24 (V)somethingorother/B :D

:woo:

Ps: I edited the typo in the first post

Edited by hatchet