As a new entry for the GB I have started a RF-8G.

This is a combination using the forward part of the RHVP Conversion set and the rear of a Hasegawa kit.

Some might say I am mad :woot.gif: to try this (Tom already did!), now I have started I am getting this horrrible feeling he might be right. Will try and post some pics soon.

Julien

Julien, glad to see someone tacklnig a Photo-Crusader too!

I have employed the same method as you plan to, for reasons explained here, and I can tell you, you'll have to be very delicate!

Please inform us of your progress! Cheers!

Edited by Dimosthenis

I should have said I am doing this in 1/72.

I dont know about the 1/48 but 1/72 RHVP set is a POS. The rear was totally wrong thats why I am using the rear of the hasegawa kit. Also the front does sweep up a little to much but hopefully that wont look too bad, I plan to do a bit of filing as its not so much the nose sweeps up so much but the RHVP fuselarge actually dips down before sweeping up. Will loose a bit of detail but will be worth it for the overall look.

My 1/48 F-8 Project is to convert the Momogram kit to a C model using the Cobra Set, then do in VF-84 decals same as my Hasegawa 1.72 already done for the GB.

I also have the Falcon Vac conversion in 1/72 for the RF-8. I must be mad!

Julien

• 2 weeks later...

Latest pics, the RHVP front and Hasegawa are now joined. For some reason the putty looks pebbly in the pictures but believe me its smooth. Just got to work ob the wing now as this is something else RHVP did not get 100% right.

rf81.jpg

Julien

Looking good :D

Question: What glue did you use for the resin to join it to the Hasegawa plastic? I normally use Tamiya Cement for plastics and since I've never handled resin before, just wondering what you used.

Julien,

This is shaping up as a classic Silk Purse produced from a Sow's Ear! Maybe I ought to do something with mine! Great job getting rid of the RVHP "Beer belly" and fairing it into the Hasegawa fuselage. Did you take any in progress shots , or "before and afters" of your work on the RVHP forward fuselage? I'd love to see them and I am also very curious as to how you got the Hasegawa canopy to fit the RVHP fuselage, since it is considerably narrower than the RVHP fuselage.

Cheers,

Tom

Jackman: I used plain old fashioned superglue. I glued the bits that touched and then ran the

Liquid glue into any gaps.

Tom: Sorry did not take any before pics only these after ones. I just cut the Hasegawa fuselarge

and the RHVP one at the same place the forward main bulkhead is actually the resin one.

As to getting the canopy to fit, it was not too far off in the first place I did have to thin the

RHVP down a little to get to to the rough dimensions of the Hasegawa one.

Julien

Here this the model so far, wing fitted, tape on the front is to mask of and fill the cooling vents which are not there on the RF-8, another RHVP mistake!

rhvpwing.jpg

Now needs the nose to be done and front canopy before paint.

Julien

• 3 weeks later...