Lengthening the Herc H

I am sure also that one of the Mags contained an article on this - possibly Model Airplane International not that long ago - try the Editor - Richard Franks - always found him helpful on editorial@modelairplane international.com or of course the web site www.modelairplanerinternational.com where I think back issue can be ordered.

Good luck

David

Germany flys the Herc? :lol:

John(who would be very happy if this is true as this would give him something to do w/his Italeri Herc)

Ooops sorry I may have been premature on that regarding German Hercs. :cheers:

It must be easier to add sheet styrene to the lenght? Need to add 3.5cm behind nose and 2.8cm after wing.

Flightpaths extension plugs sound interesting. But do they add the right lenght? Are they solid pieces?

I believe they're fuselage profiles, not solid pieces of resin and, as they're from Flightpath, I'd like to think they're reasonably accurate. There was a Paul Boyer article in the July 2005 edition of Fine Scale Modeler where he stretched a J Model C130 using two kits.

HTH

Richard

There was a Paul Boyer article in the July 2005 edition of Fine Scale Modeler where he stretched a J Model C130 using two kits.

HTH

Richard

Thanks Richard

OUCH!!! To buy another ITA C130 at $60Cdn for 6.3cm of plastic. :cheers:

I believe the Flightpath pieces are only $27Cdn.

David's right (Hi David!!!) I think it FSM a couple of months or more ago. I'd suggest you do a search on their site here

- HTH

Found my issue on FSM on that Herc. Now I remember that one. WOW what an outstanding job he did.

But no mention on any build. Just descriptions of pictures.

The Flight path plugs are moulded in 4 pieces, 2 left and 2 right so if you are really creative you could model a stretched Herc with the ramp open. They are not srcibed so you would have to add the detail to them after fitting.

Saturn Airlines flew the L-100-30 (C-130-30) which was a standard Herc streched by 6' 8 1/2". I don't think decals are availble, though I do know you can get them for Delta and Alaska Golden Nugget Airlines from Draw Decal.

:cheers: