"low-vis"decals for my 1/48 USAF Phantom

Which F-4 variant are you building?

Are you wanting to build one based in Europe or one based in the U.S.?

My Dad's Air National Guard unit here in the U.S. operated F-4D's and had several painted in the Euro 1 scheme.

At one time, most dedicated mud moving F-4 units both here in the States and in Europe had Euro 1 painted jets.

Cheers

John

Hi mungo1974,

In fact, my Phantom is a Hasegawa 1/48 Japanese F4EJ that will be painted in the USAF Euro scheme with the corresponding markings, whose decals I'm searching for.

Yes, I agree with you: Pete's choices are good.

Thanks,

Flores

Firstly, what varient of USAF Phantom are you building?
Hi mungo1974,

In fact, my Phantom is a Hasegawa 1/48 Japanese F4EJ that will be painted in the USAF Euro scheme with the corresponding markings, whose decals I'm searching for.

Yes, I agree with you: Pete's choices are good.

Thanks,

Flores

Flores,

Just FYI there were no hard wing F-4Es in this scheme. By the time the Euro I scheme was introduced all the surviving F-4Es (except for the ex-Thunderbirds aircraft udes for testing) were modified with the slatted wings.

Regards,

Yup , I've got all the Airdoc sheets, and their F-4's in Germany book , and i'm sorry to say that by the time the SEA scheme gave way to Euro1 all the E-s were retrofitted with the slatted wings ... Its a pity , as the Euro 1 is a superb scheme for the F-4 , dark and sinister ...

Flores hi

www.modellversium.de seem to still stock them

you can see the sheets here

sheet 04

HTH

Pete

Just to clear it up. We don't sell anything on modellversium.de. We are "only" a modeling webzine like ARC, HS or MM :whistle: The link above directs just to one of our decal reviews.

Best regards, Bernd