1/72 Sniper XR Pod

Hi All,

Just trying out scratch building the Sniper XR Pod.... Attached are some 'In-Progrss' pictures for the 72nd piece. The master is at its early stage still.... Anyone got scale plans or prints of the pod to share?

Thought of casting them when ready.... Anyone interested in?

Regards

Daryl

sniper_prototype2.jpg

sniper_prototype1.jpg

Wow! Daryl, you got a PayPal account? I got $50 right here, do you have the equivalent... in resin? :)

(Does this answer your question?)

Keep up the great work! 1/72 F-16 accessories are just pouring off the assembly line these days!

Just let the thread sit. A lot of the people that replied to DP's Litening thread have offered Sniper ref pics. When they see this one they'll surely reply as well! :o

Yang

Edited by Iron Eagle
Wow! Daryl, you got a PayPal account? I got $50 right here, do you have the equivalent... in resin? :)

(Does this answer your question?)

Keep up the great work! 1/72 F-16 accessories are just pouring off the assembly line these days!

Just let the thread sit. A lot of the people that replied to DP's Litening thread have offered Sniper ref pics. When they see this one they'll surely reply as well! :o

Yang

Thanks Yang,

I'm lacking surface details & probably a little bit more on the dimensions to kick off...

Just happen to be a Viper fan.... 52 units and counting still...

Cheers

I would be interested in at least 1 or 2 ( I tried to scratch one once, didnt work out rgt.)

post-2-1135570149.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzyness, camera was actin up that day.

Ves :)

Noted Guys,

Some of which mentioned are already in the 'Want to do List'... Perhaps we'll see how things turn out on this XR experience as I hope to have it delivered in the most decent & accurate manner to avoid disapointment.

Perhaps allow me to have a bit more time to correct & touchup the master & I'll get back to you folks.

Pricing wise... Haven't been working on my sums just yet. A couple of dollars to cover the material & man-hours perhaps. I'm not a professional in scratch build nor resin casting... So I'll be staying away form the big boys! :lol:

As mentioned, I'll need to work on the Master first then finalising the details thereafter...

* Attached is the round2 modification.... I'll prefer to have a 'Working XR Pod' instead of a fix one thus having a 2 piece XR with the flexibility of rotating the head... I've seen some pictures of the XR having different head rotation on ground & in the air.

* Pylon would be based on Hasegawa's w/ XR adaptor....

Hope I'm on the right track... I'll be working on the surface details if everything is ok....

Room for improvment guys...?

Cheers

Daryl

DSC05566.jpg

DSC05564.jpg

Hi David,

Thanks for the interest.... I've considered that too & would be in the pipe line.... For the time being, just wish to focus on the 72nd first as I've availiable material to kick start with.

Between, anyone willing to spare me a 48th pylon? :banana:

Regards

Daryl

Hi Daryl,

Your efforts look really nice, from the intake pylon with adaptor to the two-part pod itself. I'm also interested in some in 1/72, so I'm watching your thread with interest.

Did you get an email I sent you a fortnight or so ago concerning Spangdahlem D 86-572? I was slow in getting back to you, and just wondering if you were still interested.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Hi Daryl,

Your efforts look really nice, from the intake pylon with adaptor to the two-part pod itself. I'm also interested in some in 1/72, so I'm watching your thread with interest.

Did you get an email I sent you a fortnight or so ago concerning Spangdahlem D 86-572? I was slow in getting back to you, and just wondering if you were still interested.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Hello Andrew,

Nice hearing from you and thanks for the kind words...

I've always been interested in SP and along with other subjects. As for 572, I've gotten a couple of sheets that was avaliable then through on-line & from ARCers. If you've spare, bring it on... <_<

Regards,

Daryl

Hi Sean,

The pics came throught... Excellent!

As explained, I had a little mishap with the 1st master gone missing (Probably out of the window...!) as I've left them for drying after rework.

A sad weekend though, but I managed to settle for a 2nd master with surface details scribed. Just lacking a camera to post them on... So bear with me a while more. But mean time, I'll be trying out the 48th/32nd XR.... Hope to get the skeleton done soon.

Probably with all masters done then I'll proceed with casting.

Regards

Daryl

Daryl,

you're doing a great job so far! hope the 2nd master is of even better quality than the first. Sean's pics are excellent, i received them too

If you need any help, just let me know. especially material wise - resin and RTV

David

drPepperResins

Hello David,

Nice hearing form you... I've yet tried working on the casting thingee so may approach you for some tips. Then again maybe not as seems Dave is working on the XR project too.

Should I continue.... humm... :banana:

Regards,

Daryl

Gents:

There are plenty of pods, and ordinance that modelers want mastered and casted. Don't be disheartened by competition. Just ask and we'll tell you what we want. No need to bang heads over a subject. Plenty more to be done. Personally I think it's great that My AirFix and Dr. Pepper have started pods that we 1/72 scale modelers want. You cast we buy.

Thanks gentlemen:

Mark

Edited by Mark S.

Hi Folks,

Been a stressful week to begin with the 1st master gone MIA.... Hence being slow with the progress. Lotsa cursing & bleeding from the mis-cut, scribing & riverting. Pretty challenging to cramp the details into a 72nd pod. But more importantly, its fun.

Well to cut things short, here's the update.

* 2nd Master w/ details done up. Let me know if there's room for further improvement... Just wish to finalize it prior proceeding to the casting portion.

* Decal wise... Not providing as I've no means of accessing to them. Besides, on the XR pod... there are only a couple of black/dark wording stencils.

* Pricing wise... $5.99 for 72nd scale...

* I accept Paypal or Cash (via registered airmail only)

* Between, may I ask to show of hand whats the quantity like so I can prepare the resin material & to plan my schedule. Dop me a PM.... Thanks for the encouragement guys. :whistle:

Best Regards,

Daryl

DSC05590.jpg

DSC05594.jpg

DSC05593.jpg