Well, i finally have an update guys!

First the engine

post-600-1168792537.jpg

Here the beautifull casted Master Casters main wheels. They are really great and have a weighted look also.

post-600-1168792656.jpg

post-600-1168792699.jpg

Overall view, first without the engine cowl

post-600-1168792765.jpg

and now with the cowl and prop

post-600-1168792848.jpg

post-600-1168792916.jpg

That´s all for now.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Ron,

do you mean the wheels are to narrow? Hmm, i don´t know, but the Master Casters people used the Kit rims and the kit rubber tire to cast them. Some modifications were done also and the weighted look of course.

Chris

Hi, yes to narrow. Maybe it's just me? only an observation not a big deal. Here is a photo to compare

pdrm3005.jpg

Hi Ron,

yes, i see what you mean. But the tail wheel isn´t the Navy one, it is the Army one, which were used on the A 24´s. I think the main wheels are the A24 ones too. They are a bit more wide and not as pointed as the Navy wheels.

Chris

Good, point. Anyway mine is a tid bit comment at best. Your doing a fabulous job on it.!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Gentlemen! :D

SU 34,

i was a little bored, so i drilled them out and tought some holes in the flaps would look funny... ;) Just kidding, those flaps were used as landing flaps, as well as dive breakes during the attack. Dive speed was about 450km/h and if there are no holes, i think the flaps and the mechanism would be damaged. But perhaps there is someone who can explane it better then me.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

I'll tell you what I think.... I think you have done a great job! That SBD looks outstanding! :wave:

The finish is superb. I really enjoy following your builds. What is the next project? I hope you stay with the USN theme, or build another one of your Luftwaffe masterpieces.

Great build!

Chris