US Army Hawks park here

I'll tell you what, hawkwrench. When I go back to work on Wed. I'll take my camera and get you a whole bunch of shots of the yellow stripe Hawks. I work/fly out of K-16 AB just south of Seoul, S. Korea where most of these yellowstripes can be found. The rest are with the Medevac down at Camp Humphreys. Yes, those stripes do have something to do with the DMZ. There is one LZ that is inside the DMZ, ONLY those aircraft with the stripes are allowed in to that spot and that is after alot of coordination.

CW3 Steve Flemister

CINCHAWK 2-2 AVN.

K-16 AB Korea

Dude you should have told me you were a modeler before you left here. How's "THE HILL" these days. Many a good nights walking around there. Yes the stripes are exactly what you said they are for. Only a/c with the stripes can go up into the DMZ and land at the helipad. Erick

I'll tell you what, hawkwrench. When I go back to work on Wed. I'll take my camera and get you a whole bunch of shots of the yellow stripe Hawks. I work/fly out of K-16 AB just south of Seoul, S. Korea where most of these yellowstripes can be found. The rest are with the Medevac down at Camp Humphreys. Yes, those stripes do have something to do with the DMZ. There is one LZ that is inside the DMZ, ONLY those aircraft with the stripes are allowed in to that spot and that is after alot of coordination.

CW3 Steve Flemister

CINCHAWK 2-2 AVN.

K-16 AB Korea

Steve.Thanks alot ahead of of time for the pics.Can't wait to see them.I read mike Durant's book"In the Company of Heroes"and He spoke about flying Medevac out of Camp Casey and flying the DMZ.Sounds like the pilots have their hands full trying to navigate that special corridor.

Here's one of Second Batt's "nipple-nose" Alphas. 074 came into the unit after being a VIP bird for a while. You can't really tell from the pics, but she was painted a Vietnam-esque OD instead of the regular CARC green when she first arrived at the unit.

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

There's a "boob" comment in there somewhere, but I'm just gonna leave you sensitive Hawk types alone. :woot.gif:

Edited by Cobrahistorian

Aw come on Jon,your just jealous because we have em',and you don't. :blink: I saw a picture of a C2 bird flying out of Bosnia that had a "nipple" nose(snoopy nose for you sensitive folks).Don't see too many of those except for Spec Ops who always have them.Thanks for the pics! You can be an Honorary Hawk Driver if you want.Erik can give you a quick checkride,and I'll clear the P!!!!!!

An interesting paint scheme and one probably not to be seen again. This pic was on of eight Blackhawks working the julian fire in San Diego in 2003. The guys painted the helicopters with non-standard paint schemes with the simulated fire on the nose and sides.....some Forest Service Jackoff saw the scheme and said it was insulting to the homeowners that the helicopters had "painted fire" on them and told them to remove the excess paint. Nowadays they only have the squares of paint in the proper positions. Ive got pics of one blackhwak with both light blue and orange paint on the same helo. The light blue isnt used anymore and it wasnt visable enough. This last season i saw Orange paint , green paint , red paint ,pink paint and yellow paint.

This Helicopter was based at Los Alamitos Joint Services AAF in Southern California.

Also a thought.....its very tough getting good pics of Army Blackhawks except when the sun is low , around noon its almost impossible.

60aa.jpg

LACFD S-70-33A FIREHAWK "Copter 19" hoverfills during the recent Malibu fire in Calif. Its alot better to be shooting ABOVE the helicopter because when your level it blows ALOT of mist.

BOTH PICS... COPYRIGHTED.

7803Large.jpg

A LACFD FIREHAWK "Copter 16" pulls pitch after hoverfilling 1000 gallons during the recent Malibu fire.

8295Large.jpg

An interesting paint scheme and one probably not to be seen again. This pic was on of eight Blackhawks working the julian fire in San Diego in 2003. The guys painted the helicopters with non-standard paint schemes with the simulated fire on the nose and sides.....some Forest Service Jackoff saw the scheme and said it was insulting to the homeowners that the helicopters had "painted fire" on them and told them to remove the excess paint. Nowadays they only have the squares of paint in the proper positions. Ive got pics of one blackhwak with both light blue and orange paint on the same helo. The light blue isnt used anymore and it wasnt visable enough. This last season i saw Orange paint , green paint , red paint ,pink paint and yellow paint.

This Helicopter was based at Los Alamitos Joint Services AAF in Southern California.

Also a thought.....its very tough getting good pics of Army Blackhawks except when the sun is low , around noon its almost impossible.

60aa.jpg

this bird is beautifull. are there any other pictures of this bird???

Bruno

• 2 months later...
Aw come on Jon,your just jealous because we have em',and you don't.

What, boobs? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics! You can be an Honorary Hawk Driver if you want.Erik can give you a quick checkride,and I'll clear the P!!!!!!

Thanks for the offer, but I prefer "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" to "Kumbayah".

In all seriousness, here's a couple more Hawk shots that I've taken over the years.

The first one is the first Hawk I ever flew in. Next two are the first Mike model I sat in. Damn I wish our blades had chord like that....

myfirsthawk.jpg

4-28-2007-02-1.jpg

100_0635.jpg

Can anyone ID this guy?

Bhawk02.jpg[/b][/color]

Will's correct, it's a USAF HH-60G Pave Hawk. Looks to be up to the most recent specs, but I can't make out the tail markings so I've no idea what unit it belongs too. Was that photo also shot in Mather, California? 129th Rescue Wing, CA ANG perhaps?

Will's correct, it's a USAF HH-60G Pave Hawk. Looks to be up to the most recent specs, but I can't make out the tail markings so I've no idea what unit it belongs too. Was that photo also shot in Mather, California? 129th Rescue Wing, CA ANG perhaps?

Mather Ca, is correct, I think I have one more shot of him leaving.