looking for M60D in 1/72

Hello,

I'm looking for M60D guns in 1/72 (prefer with mount but without is also ok)

I need 5.

Are there aftermarket available?

or does someone have some leftovers?

thanks for your help and time.

cheers,

Joachim

hi,

thanks for reply.

normaly i only make kits with Ukrainian AF theme. Now i like to built something else. I want to make replica of Chinook i flew with in Afghanistan last summer. And a Cougar i flew with 2 years ago, also in Afghanistan.

That's why i need 5 off them. It's a pitty to buy 3 complete kits for only the guns :lol:

So i hope someone has some spare and like to sell or swap.

cheers, Joachim

Do you have any chance to buy something of Roco Minitank? Those kits usually come with good M60s (even when they´re in 1/87 scale, they look perfect in 1/72). Best would be to get a MG-set, they come with about half a dozen M2s and M60s that´ll do just fine.

HAJO

Same. If you are having trouble telling the two apart, look at the front post sight... That's about the easiest way to tell the difference between the 60D & 240D

edit: There are white metal that are decent, but probably sold out (aeroclub set). I'm not sure if where else you could source them. Maybe dragon's humvees?

HTH,

Austin

Edited by arkhunter2002

They're not M240D, but a variant of the FN MAG-58, from which the M240 series is also derived. The sighting system and muzzle devices are different on the airborne versions of the MAG-58M supplied to the Dutch and French militaries (among others). You can see some pictures of these variants on FN Herstal's website here. I think the British might still be using the M60 on their Chinooks. This picture of an RAF Chinook with an M60 at the ramp is dated 2006.

I believe the Dutch also use FN's ramp mount, while the US use the old M41 mount adapted for the M240 series (M240D now being replaced with the M240H also). I'm not sure what window mounts they use, but I'm pretty sure the US is also still using the old M24 window mounts, again adapted for the M240D/H.

Edited by thatguy96

I don´t know who bought all that aeroclub MGs, since mine looked like **** when I bought them...

For M240s, try to get hold of the Dragon Humvees (2 in a box). They are very nice detailed.

HAJO