First Builds For 2011

Just finished my first kits for 2011 and they're all eggplanes. Never one to build something right out of the box, here's my Blackbird fleet. First up, the A-12

A-12_1.jpg

A-12_2.jpg

Then the YF-12A...

YF-12_1.jpg

YF-12_2.jpg

M/D-21...

M-21_1.jpg

M-21_2.jpg

SR-71A...

SR-71A_955.jpg

SR-71B...

SR-71B_956_1.jpg

SR-71B_956_2.jpg

The whole fleet...

Fleet_2.jpg

Special thanks go to my good friend David Newman at Muroc Models for assisting with decals and resin casting to create the D-21. Now, if I could just locate a few more kits so I can finish the series....

Tony

You lucky skunk, you :rolleyes: Six Blackbirds and there are many people out there trying their damdest to get their paws on just one. I'm one of 'em.......and still looking and trying without luck. I'm still scratching my head and wondering why Hase did not re-release the Blackbird eggplane last time around.

Anyway, these are very nice builds, Tony. Eggplanes makes for an enjoyable build, are cute, puts smiles on many faces and best of all, there are no accuracy issues to worry about.

Model on!

I've had them in the stash for a long time. Hasegawa has a link on their web site for suggesting their next kits, I've sent in more than one request for the SR-71 egg to be re-released. Here's the link:

http://hasegawausa.com/suggest-a-model.html

If they get enough votes, maybe they'll actually listen.

You lucky skunk, you :D Six Blackbirds and there are many people out there trying their damdest to get their paws on just one. I'm one of 'em.......and still looking and trying without luck. I'm still scratching my head and wondering why Hase did not re-release the Blackbird eggplane last time around.

Anyway, these are very nice builds, Tony. Eggplanes makes for an enjoyable build, are cute, puts smiles on many faces and best of all, there are no accuracy issues to worry about.

Model on!