1/72 Scale Hasegawa F-16C

Here's a couple of pictures of my 1/72 scale Hasegawa F-16C Wisconsin ANG "Red Tail" boxing. I have added the LAU-129s from another kit and at this stage hadn't added the RHAW Beer Cans. I have included a picture of the weapons load for the aircraft, the AMRAAMs haven't had their coloured bands applied yet. It will be depicted in taxying mode as per the picture I have of it complete with GSD (Green Suited D**K). The GSD is currently undergoing his 4th or 5th change of clothing as I haven't been happy with the finish on his flight suit yet.

The screens in the cockpit have yet to be coloured in.

I've had a few problems lining up the intake on this kit hence the white plastic spacer to try and fill in the gaps. :thumbsup:

Edited by Draggie748
Looks good so far! Just a heads up: The Hasegawa kit's front gear leg is too long, so it appears to sit on its tail. You might want to test/adjust the parts before you glue them together. :wave:

Thanks for the heads up on the nose gear leg.

• 4 months later...

Due to work getting in the way I haven't been able to do much to this beast until the last couple of days, however here are a couple of more photos of my Hasegawa F-16C Wisconsin ANG. The mess in the preshading photos is the result of an experiment that went wrong but can be hidden under a coat of grey paint. Basically I put too much black paint on the model in an attempt to preshade the panel lines and then had trouble getting it off. Teach me to use Acrylics for preshading. I also appologise for some of the wayward photography but I don't have a macro lens yet. There will be a couple of posts of photos.

Nice work on your Viper.

Just a heads up ... be really careful when you try to remove the braces on the left in the pic of your landing gear parts ... they have a real habit of breaking if you try to cut them off ... I've had better luck going real slow with a saw blade. Good luck with yours

regards,

Wisconsin ANG "Red Tail" anniversary markings from the kit decals set.

Be advised - this aircraft is a Block 30F and should therefore thve the Big Mouth inlet, which is not included in the kit even though Hasegawa already had the 'CJ and 'CG kits with the correct sprues out at the time of the release of this boxing!

HTH...

Andre

Nice work on your Viper.

Just a heads up ... be really careful when you try to remove the braces on the left in the pic of your landing gear parts ... they have a real habit of breaking if you try to cut them off ... I've had better luck going real slow with a saw blade. Good luck with yours

regards,

Gary, I've had experience with what you describe when cutting these off, but I find it easier to paint them this way and I have and old pair of electrical hobby cutters that have remained incredibly sharp over the years that seem to be able to cut them off easily.

Thanks also for your kind words on my model.

Geez, was wondering when you'd get around to an update! :D

Habu, Work keeps getting in the way and building specific aircraft (which will appear on ARC in the near future :D ) for a comp took me away from this one, also his mate the F-16B has caught upto the same stage of build. Trouble is I lose another 4 days Thurs - Sun, this coming weekend due to family reasons. :D

Wisconsin ANG "Red Tail" anniversary markings from the kit decals set.

Be advised - this aircraft is a Block 30F and should therefore thve the Big Mouth inlet, which is not included in the kit.

Andre

Thanks for your concern, but one of my CJ kits (Taxi Cab I think) has donated the wide mouth intake. :D

Thanks for your concern, but one of my CJ kits (Taxi Cab I think) has donated the wide mouth intake.

Ah, glad to hear that... I recently saw an impeccable model of this bird, with a great finish and detailing inside and out... and the wrong kit intake.

I didn't have the heart to tell the fella...

Cheers,

Andre

• 1 year later...

Well after a shocker of eighteen months I ha ve final got to restart the build on this beast. These photos were taken in Jan 07 after the initial coats of grey, one of which changed colour through the use of low tack blue painters masking tape. The brokem LAU-128 was replaced with a resin replacement thanks to some nice moulding silastic and one of Mr Hasgawas finest bits. I hope to have the final pictures up later in the week as all I have left to do is fit the canopy and some extra weapons.

Photo one shows the Orion Models scab plates.

Fuselage-Painted_1.jpg

Fuselage-Painted_2.jpg

Fuselage-Painted_3.jpg

Fuselage-Painted_4.jpg

Edited by Draggie748