Italeri 1/48 A-10A "Warthog"

A couple of pics with paint on (for the second time!) Dark Ghost Grey over Light Ghost Grey

The Dark Ghost Grey went on VERY dark and required a respray with some white added. I'm now back where I was before the lacquer disaster. A few coats of Klear will be applied then decals

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

This kit's become a quest for me.it won't be anywhere as good as before the stripping/repainting due to the loss of decal but I'm confident it should still turn out nice.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

That looks very good. No one would know that it suffered a paint-stripping process if you don't tell. Why don't you try an acrylic flat coat such as Gunze instead of lacquer?

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks Terry,

I'm going to use Klear.

Cheers

Stephen

Looks great. Are those the decals from the kit?

Got a special place in my heart for the guys from Battle Creek, living close by in Grand Rapids. We see them in two- and four-ships around Michigan from time to time. I've watched their ordnance people do their bombloading demo many times at local airshows.

Keep it up!

Looks great. Are those the decals from the kit?

Got a special place in my heart for the guys from Battle Creek, living close by in Grand Rapids. We see them in two- and four-ships around Michigan from time to time. I've watched their ordnance people do their bombloading demo many times at local airshows.

Keep it up!

They are indeed the kit decals.Went down beautifully.

Stephen

Wow Stephen!,

The Hawg looks great after your paint issues i wondered if you'd get it finished.

I have to say my Hawg has stalled somewhat due to work commitments,although i plan to pick it up again now the Christmas break is here.

Also changed my mine about doing a Spang jet,the markings weren't as easy to piece together as i first thought~then Scott Brown showed me a preview of the upcoming Afterburner 81FS sheet so i'll wait for that...

I've now decided to do a shortlived Hawg unit,just need to find someone in the UK who can print me up some Pilot/DCC/ACC names... :worship:

Cheers,

Gary