1/72 Modern Military airfield vehicles

Do anyone know were to find 1/72nd Modern Military airfield vehicles?.

The Diorama I have in mind is of a transport aircraft (C-160 or C-130) unloading while parked on the apron.

Trucks or forklifts would do fine but must be 1980's or later to fit the time peroid to be modeled.

Shaun.

Edited by ShaunBD

I remember that AMT put some ground vehicles in a few of their kits. I've got their F-15 w/ground equipment. I know there was a tractor and some bomb carts and a bomb lift. I don't think there was a forklift though...HTH

John

Some possible useful items here....

http://www.jbmodels.co.uk/kits.html

Also some in the Hasegawa equipment sets (but no trucks) scroll down, sets 5 and 6

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Scale=72&...p;GenreCode=All

Also, maybe consider soe of the new chinese made diecast cars, Newray or Cararama brands, I think they do trucks as well, they are listed as 1/72 and the detail is amazing.

Also, depending on where you are, the recently repopped Revell shelter diorama / Typhoon combo has a nice selection of reasonably recent German ground vehicles, especially if you want to do the Transall. This is now for general sale in the Netherlands for a measly 20 euro.

HTH,

Andre

Got this off the UK Mobile Air Movements Squadron site (I think, it was a while ago). Probably not much help but it gives you an idea of what they use. Most loading and unloading of Hercules seems to use Condec or Atlas transfer loaders, basically a flat bed with wheels underneath. If you fancy scratchbuilding one of these let me know and I'll post some more pics.

As for available vehicles, Cararama for Land-Rovers, JB models for Bedford lorries and CMSC or BW Models for other stuff.

Cheers,

Stuart. mams.jpg

Hi Shaun,

Try a search for ROCO MINITANKS, they are 1/76 (not much in it) and I'm sure they have a huge catalogue of modern and older military equipment, IIRC they do a beautiful huge airfield bowser, alot of the stuff is German but I'm sure could be mod'd easily.

http://www.roco.com/grid.aspx?grid=Military%20HO

Just looked here, it's 1/87 scale for HO railway modellers!

I had a couple of there vehicles a few years ago, they come built but with alot of tools and other details on a couple of small sprues.

HTH

Eng

Try also Matador Models - they advertise in alot of the UK modelling mag's

Edited by eng
  • 2 weeks later...
Got this off the UK Mobile Air Movements Squadron site (I think, it was a while ago). Probably not much help but it gives you an idea of what they use. Most loading and unloading of Hercules seems to use Condec or Atlas transfer loaders, basically a flat bed with wheels underneath. If you fancy scratchbuilding one of these let me know and I'll post some more pics.

As for available vehicles, Cararama for Land-Rovers, JB models for Bedford lorries and CMSC or BW Models for other stuff.

Cheers,

Stuart. mams.jpg

I'm thinking of giving building a "Flat top" (Talue?), or a fork lift a go. Might be beyond my meager skills but if you have any reference pics, I would love too see them too.

Seems like a hard kind of thing to find any 1/72 scale forklifts or loading equipment.

Cheers all,

Nimrod.....

If you were to do a U.N. C-130, you might use some ICM 1/72 russian trucks/bowser/command posts and make it a multinational diorame.

Also check out www.hobbyterra.com 's website for their selection of 1/72 scale vehicules...some Canadian and other armored vehicules available...

Edited by frankycee