quick update as building the Blackbird has become a grind again....
I attached the wings... sort of. If you can call these gaps attached!
LOTS of CA and putty later....
After some serious sanding I ended up with this.
The left hand nacelle didn't line up with the fuselage at all so I had to recreate some of the chine around the engine intake using CA and accelerator. I think it came out OK.
Something that I forgot to do prior to installing the nacelles is to fix the massive gaps inside the intakes. I decided the best way to tackle these was to fill them with Milliput. This had the added bonus of strengthening the already very thin intake edge that was sanded to within an inch of it's life.
you can kinda see the gap I mean here... (sorry I forgot to take a before pic).
and after some sanding..
Finally I had to see how much work was left to do to get this big bird straight, after some tricky and fiddly masking around the wheel wells, I gave the whole thing a good prime with some Mr Surfacer 1200.
Which revealed some more problems such as and soft/missed panel lines, and a few putty flaws.....
c'est la vie. More to follow when I have something more interesting to share :)/>/>/>