[Airmodel 1/72 vac] Dornier Do-26

While the kit is on its way to me from Erwin, I thought I would get started this thread by listing some references that I would be using to help me.

The kit: (Photo is from Erwin)

24.jpg

From some quick Google research, I realize that this kit only contains the basic shapes for the kit (wings, fuselage), and not much else :(...oh well...<_<

My objective for the kit:

-Create a fairly accurate interior. Since pictures arent that plentiful of the fuselage interior, i'll focus efforts on the cockpit and foward navigation (?) areas. The aft areas will be detailed if I can find pictures. If not, I'll do my best to 'make up' its contents. :D

**EDIT**: I have changed my ideas regarding this section because after reading some articles on building bav kits, I realized that the interior sections need to be braced to maintain rigid structure. Unless i can figure out some way to do this without filling the entire aft fuselage with foam...then the only interior i can put in is the cockpit :(

-Somehow detail the engines. This type used Junkers Jumo 205 Diesel engines...I do not know if any company produces resin sets or not. Also, I am not sure if the kit comes with props...so these will have to be found from another kit.

-Detail the exterior as best as the grainy photos I can find allow. I'll probably add some little parts here and there that maybe did not exist on this particular aircraft...but were common on German aircraft of the period.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far, these references have supplied some much needed info, and pictures:

From Erwin - Includes history, specs, and some pics

Info, specs, and Pictures of interior !!!!

Interesting photo of a particular plane - Not sure what scheme I'm after: its either the camouflaged green, or the white/yellow prototype

Some technical data...might be able to scrounge up some drawings from this

Thats all for now.

If you have references/suggestions please feel free to let me know. :whistle:

-=AW out=-

Edited by AnthonyWan

This aircraft is a passenger version painted in Lufthansa colors. The same plane is in the color pic at the top of the page Erwin supplied.

Here is a link to a build-up of the Mach2 kit in the Lufthansa colors. Notice that the modeler has applied the serial upside-down on the wings.

Edited by indydog

...the kit has no detailparts at all. No props,guns,etc. Just the vac airframeshape and vac clearparts.

BTW,it went in the mail today.

more links with pics....

http://avions.legendaires.free.fr/do26.php

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/do26.html

http://www.luftwaffephotos.com/ldo261.htm

Edited by erwin
Good to hear Erwin. I was just pondering what I would do about clear parts :)

I think the propellers can be scrounged from another German plane...maybe the Revell Do-24? or a Do-335?

Hi,

Good thing I had a look in my spareclearpartsbox.

The props looks standart to fit the Junkers Jumo 250 D engines.

So some of the guys here can help you out.

Edited by erwin
  • 3 weeks later...

Update December 30th 2006

Recieved the kit in the mail yesterday afternoon.

I think I am going to skip on the interior and concentrate on the exterior details.

At this moment, anyone who has four 1/72 Dornier props...I have a home for them <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dont worry Erwin, Not letting you down on this yet. ;)

I am waiting for an Olfa P-Cutter to come in the mail for me...already snapped 4 Xacto blades trying to cut through the hard plastic. :)

As soon as I get that P-cutter...I'm back in business :yahoo:

Edited by AnthonyWan