Another Aggressor....

I photographed 719 at Nyutabaru last month and decided I would try and build this little jet. Although it flies with the Aggressor squadron, I don't think it is used as an aggressor but I stand to be corrected of course!

Kit is the Hasegawa 1/72 T-4 JASDF box, which I picked up in Japan for around 6 euro (less than 8 US$). Unbelievable. Fit is very good and you get a decal sheet with loads of numbers and markings for 23 (!!!) squadrons/flights/units. That sure makes it difficult to choose! All in all, a nice little kit and good value for money.

Instead of using the kit decals for the dayglow fin- and wingtips, I used maskingtape and Revell's dayglow paint :cheers: Looks much better I think.

Next will be an acrylic paint/water/soap wash. Will try to keep you all updated as the build continues.

t4.jpg

It's looking very nice. Like the clean build so far and the slight gloss look. I also wonder if this plane was used as an aggressor as the color and markings would suggest otherwise.

I've got the same question in my mind for some times ! I think we need Mister TENGU right here ! :beer4:

C6

Progress on the T-4!

To be quite honest: this is one of the first models I worked on since picking this hobby up again after a 12 year break. It is the first model I sprayed using my new airbrush (that was nerve-wracking!).

And then it is time for the wash. Also a first for me. Read a lot about it on this forum and in the 'tools-and-tips' section and decided it was time to give it a go. Prepared an acryl/water/soap sludge using Tamiya XF-63 German Grey and smeared it all around the panel lines. And then....the wait. Ten nailbiting hours later I decided to carefully remove it to see what it looked like. Needed some water because some parts of the model weren't properly gloss coated although I sprayed it using Tamiya clear twice. All in all, that 'wash-thing' is something I will use on every model starting today, and on this one I think I got away with it!

Next will be a clear satin coat, detailpainting and the addition of landinggear and other small stuff.

I think the T-4s of the aggressor sqn at Nyuta are only used as hacks.

t4-3.jpg

t4-2.jpg

I think the T-4s of the aggressor sqn at Nyuta are only used as hacks.

That's right!!!

Just like any other JASDF jet outfit, the AGR has T-4s for chores such as weather scout, training flights.... i.e. hacks. I believe the current 2 are 719 and 722.

The planes are also used to 'fly' an additional crew to other bases when the Cobras are detached there to train (not sure wich one is in Komatsu AB right now....)

:rofl:

Edited by tengu

I finished my T-4 a couple of days ago but have been unable to take some decent pictures. Will do that tomorrow so: watch this space! :cheers:

Next project (actually started working on them two weeks ago already): 1/72 F-4EJ in 301 Hikotai 30th anniversary mks, 1/72 F-2A in 3 Hikotai 50th anniversary mks and 1/72 F-2B in 21 Hikotai 30th anniversary mks. Oh yeah, also started work on a 1/48 F-15DJ aggressor..........

Some pictures of the finished T-4. I apologize for the crappy pictures, will try a different camera next time.

A nice little kit which isn't that expensive either. Unfortunately the kit decals are a bit thick, but I didn't feel like paying something in the order of 20 euros for the Platz T-4 sheet.....

Kit is mostly OOB, just replaced the pitot tube and did some scratchbuilding on the ejectionseats.

t4-4.jpg

t4-5.jpg