A sewing needle is great, they come in differnet sizes and you can trim them pretty easily length wise. if you have a hollow nose cone you can make a small hole in the tip and push the needle through till enough is poking out. its a bit stronger. then just add shape with a little bit of putty. hope that makes sense.

:D Regarding pitot tubes, it depends on what type of aircrafdt it is for. I have recently finished a Zvesda Ant-5 and for this model I made the pitot tube from a piece of a strand of automotive copper wire bent to the appropriate shape and superglued to the kit pitot which I have used as a support bracket. Sewing needles or hyperdermics would be good for jets but for classic era aircraft copper wire painted in the appropriate colour looks good and pretty realistic.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Hello, if you want pitots that last forever and harder as rock you need the following:

- Hypodermic needles (like the ones physicians use for injecting drugs or vaccines) #18, #21 or #23-#25 (thats the gauge).

-Dremel or a good set of files or even sanding paper for metal.

-Cianoacrylate

You will find that the needles are hollow and you can file the sides, and even better, you can insert a #25 piece into a #21 needle making a perfect pitot. I will make one this weekend and post some pictures here.

Until then....good bye

G'Day EJ De Vivo. One other point on Pitot tubes. With wing-mounted tubes, I anchor them against the inside of the wing's training edge - for strength. With nose-come spikes, I ensure that the cone is packed with plastic so that the spike is well anchored.

I also use piano wire - that thin stuff that, once bent, is hard to straighten. Attach it with CA/Superglue then trim to length. Good luck & have fun.

George, out.................