1/72 He-111F-1 kitbash

One of my latest projects is a Turkish Air Force He-111F-1 in 1/72 scale. The "-F1" is an interesting He-111 variant, combining the "pencil nose" of the earlier marks with the straight-edged wing of the later models. After examining the Roden "pencil nose" He-111 kits and reading about the trials and tribulations of the brave few who actually tried building them; I decided that the easiest path would be combining the brand new Hasegawa He-111H kit with parts from the Roden He-111B kit. Here are two "before" shots taken a couple months ago; I will post the "after" shots sometime tomorrow.

Edited by KursadA

My Roden(t) has a problem with the nose. If you join the top (forward of the canopy area) you will have a 1 to 1.5mm gap at the bottom seam that needs some plastic card filling. If you plan on using internal bulkheads etc you will need to consider this. Dry fit! Dry fit!!!!!

Also, note now that you must use the kit cockpit canopy. It's not the best fit. Note that the curve below the cockpit is different, because it was changed to curve into the contoured glass nose on the -H. Where it meets the -Bs nose you might want to putty or try to minimize that area.

I like this project of yours! Looks good! The biggest problem with the Roden(t) is the wings and wing joins, and you've totally bypassed that!

• 1 year later...