Hi all

I was wondering if there are any good walk round sites for the MH-53J Pave Low III,as i have been looking on A.Net ,ARC,Prime portal and the Pave Low site for some good shots of the thing but all i can find are tiny pic's as so you can not see the detail.Im making the Revell 1/48 CH-53G and converting it into a MH-53J,i have the Landing Zone conversion set and the cutting edge cockpit and weapons set but the helo still has lots more detail on the underside of it aswell as the bits and bobs on the main sides and top.Any shots of the helo would be of a great help.

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

Cheers Clive.

Clive,

I'd be really interested in your thoughts on how the conversion has gone as I've just bought the CH-53 GS/G plus resin to convert it to the Pave Low. This will definitely be the biggest modelling project I've ever done.

My thread yesterday has some Pave Low photos but not the details that you require though.

Yesterday's thread

Neil.

Cheers Trigger & Neil for the info,I can not seem to access the dodmedia site do not know why but thats one i have never explored and maybe never will as i just can not get into it.Neil those pic's are great i take it you was at Fairford the weekend just gone.

Cheers Clive.

Hi all

I was wondering if there are any good walk round sites for the MH-53J Pave Low III,as i have been looking on A.Net ,ARC,Prime portal and the Pave Low site for some good shots of the thing but all i can find are tiny pic's as so you can not see the detail.Im making the Revell 1/48 CH-53G and converting it into a MH-53J,i have the Landing Zone conversion set and the cutting edge cockpit and weapons set but the helo still has lots more detail on the underside of it aswell as the bits and bobs on the main sides and top.Any shots of the helo would be of a great help.

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

Cheers Clive.

Where can I find Landing Zone conversions?

Hi all

viperguy to answer your question Landing Zone dose not exsist anymore and went out of production some years ago,the kit is some years old now and it was in a bad way before looking like this.The Landing Zone resins where the last set in the UK and i got them from H.G.Hannants a year before the kit arrived on the scene.If you want some resins for the helo now im affraid your going to have to use the Cobra set,which is good but some of the details are a little shallow especially around the front end.The cooling vents on the sides of the refuelling probe housing and the large radar are almost non existent but they are there just.

Cheers Clive.

Already done the Prime Portal and A.Net And ARC And DOD Media,just needed some modeller friendly close ups of the thing,just there is not a lot going for this one must still hold a bate of secrecy about it.

Still looking for some underside shots showing the position of the bits n bobs.

Cheers.

I ran into the same problem two years ago. After searching high and low, dustiepal's link was the best I could come up with. Maybe if you PM a guy named Pavelow44 on here he may be able to help you. From what I recall he is still active in the Pavelow community.

Edited by Hooker169