how do you all have your paint bottles layed out? I just have mine all jumbled together and i was wondering what effect method any of you use to easily locate a color. I have mine on shelves.

Hi Pat;

Here is how I do mine. A little extreme, perhaps, but it does the job. You can certainly create a label system to put on your shelves. Mine just happen to already be there. :lol:

DSCN11772.jpg

:cheers:

When I buy a new bottle, the first thing I do is remove the cap and turn it over on the open bottle and give the bottle a quick shake (holding it tightly, of course :lol: ). Then once it dries, I write the FS# or name of the color on the cap in either black or silver marker. Makes it easy to find what I'm looking for in the drawers and cases that I keep paints in. I try to keep them organized by basic hue (grays, greens, brown/tans, etc.).

:cheers:

When I buy a new bottle, the first thing I do is remove the cap and turn it over on the open bottle and give the bottle a quick shake (holding it tightly, of course ). Then once it dries, I write the FS# or name of the color on the cap in either black or silver marker. Makes it easy to find what I'm looking for in the drawers and cases that I keep paints in. I try to keep them organized by basic hue (grays, greens, brown/tans, etc.).

I really like that idea! I will have to start doing that if you don't mind?

SLICK

I really like that idea! I will have to start doing that if you don't mind?

SLICK

No problem, I take paypal or money orders for royalty payments :blink:

Seriously, though, just be careful and hold tight when giving it the shake. It's easy to ruin an afternoon if you slip.

:explode:

Hi Pat;

Here is how I do mine. A little extreme, perhaps, but it does the job. You can certainly create a label system to put on your shelves. Mine just happen to already be there. :blink:

DSCN11772.jpg

Thanks alot Jamie !!

When I buy a new bottle, the first thing I do is remove the cap and turn it over on the open bottle and give the bottle a quick shake (holding it tightly, of course :blink: ). Then once it dries, I write the FS# or name of the color on the cap in either black or silver marker. Makes it easy to find what I'm looking for in the drawers and cases that I keep paints in. I try to keep them organized by basic hue (grays, greens, brown/tans, etc.).

Thanks!!

hi..

for me... i just put the color Code on the lid as suggested above.. :D but minus the shaking part.. :worship:

and one of our local modeller put up a guide on how to make your own "paint Shelf" the cheap and easy way.. but a little woodwork is required.. but if you can handle tiny plastic parts, handling wood would be a walk in the park.. :D

its a nice way to do it accompanied by some picture of the progress.. give it a try.. :D

Cheap & Easy DIY Paint Shelf

HTH..

kuman

hi..

for me... i just put the color Code on the lid as suggested above.. :D but minus the shaking part.. :worship:

and one of our local modeller put up a guide on how to make your own "paint Shelf" the cheap and easy way.. but a little woodwork is required.. but if you can handle tiny plastic parts, handling wood would be a walk in the park.. :D

its a nice way to do it accompanied by some picture of the progress.. give it a try.. :D

Cheap & Easy DIY Paint Shelf

HTH..

kuman

THanks Kuman! great info on that thread.

I start by adding a round "sticky" label to the top of the bottle - on that I place a letter indicating the country (G - Germany, J - Japan, U - USA etc), Then the paint designator (RLM-66, ANA-623 etc), and then the color ( Dark Grey, OD etc).

The marked bottles are then placed in boxes marked w/country of origion (Germany, Japan, Italy etc). Metalic colors (silvers, brass, copper etc) have their own box) as do what I refer to as Generic colors (colors that don't match a particular system/country - blacks, rust, etc). In a few cases, I don't have enough paints of a particular country to justify a box on their own so I combine them in one box (WW I colors, Armor colors etc).

So far I'm still developing the system (making some fiber board boxes so all boxes are the same size) but it beats the heck out of picking each and every bottle up so I can read its label.