Trumpeter 1/32 A-7E

this is a great kit, but not without it's share of faults. the biggest i would think is the shape of the nose/intake area. thankfully, Zactomodels came out with a great correction set to get the intake/nose and canopy shape right. if you do an ARC forum search for A-7 you'll see alot of discussion about this kit.

i think even if you don't correct the nose, and just aren't that caught up with slight shape problems, this kit builds into a beautiful a-7. the only game in town for this scale.

i give it two thumbs up. :D :)

Bill

I absolutely love it, I have one on finals now, and its been an absolute joy to build, it may be a little testing to some, but nothing a little patience can't cure. I will definitely be doing more of these. I managed (somehow) to get the Victory Productions decal sheet for 6 very nice A-7Es. I can't recommend it enough

Joel

not to downplay your concerns. but in my thinking, giving extra weapons, even if they are from the other branch of service, isn't a flaw. i welcome the extra weapons that could be used on other kits. just because it's not for that particular model, hey, it's extra. it's much better than some other manufacturers (hasa...ahem) that don't give you any weapons to speak of and then charge you extra to buy them in a separate boxing. that's much worse than getting too many weapons. imho

as to the accuracy of the weapons, i can't really attest to it one way or the other, i'm by far not an expert on the shapes of different ordinance.

I agree, too many weapons is not a real problem. It all works out in the great scheme of spares box karma.

One REAL problem with the underwing stores for this kit is the drop tanks, they are the wrong size and shape. The leading taper is about 3 feet too long ( in scale ), prime territory to exploit for a resin molding genius like our buddy Zactoman. Close examination of the Hasegawa 1/48th scale drop tanks will bear out the difference in both size and shape. I built that kit while on work ups and I know Hasegawa nailed the drop tanks, I had the real thing to use as a reference.

The kit cockpit is.....decent. Its better than some but this kit is greatly improved with resin aftermarket parts.

The Aires cockpit is very good. I got the later seat version, but a caveat, the cockpit sides are molded onto the tub of the cockpit. That means its a bear to paint, with small brushes, a magnifier, and some patience the results can be fantastic.

There's a TON of aftermarket stuff out there for this kit, wheel bays, avionics bays, seemless suckers, cockpits, decals, lots of yummy stuff. Do a little research, it'll pay off!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ZACTOMAN'S CORRECTION KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHAMELESS PLUG

http://www.Zactomodels.com

DON'T pay retail ( its like $140 :bandhead2: ), bide your time and find one on EBAY. I got mine for $86 including shipping. The last 3 large scale Trumpeter kits I have bought on Ebay, I have gotten 40 to 60 % off retail price . Go for the BUY it NOW prices, don't get stuck in some asinine bidding war.

Lastly, do a search in this forum for the pertinent search criteria and you'll find a wealth of information on this kit and its' strengths and woes.

Edited by Expat Tomcat

Here you go.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=135043

Only thing I can add is that the lower fuse seam is a terrible fit. If your going to build it with the air brake open, you need to scratch build the inner panel above the brake. There is a lot of detail in there with a big nasty seam running thru it. Some card stock can fix this. Also the top fit of the wing is not too good either. You can line up the wing to the fuse, but then the verticle tail gaps don't line up. Lots of sanding and putty or bondo needed here.