HobbyBoss Hornets are up to $82.95 MSRP now and MMD/Squadron is seeling them for a 'discount' of $75... the prices don't match up between this one and the individual item page. The overall page listed here is $75 and the individual page is $65, what they originally sold for six months ago. Maybe they are 'discounted' this month.

HB 48th kit search page

http://www.squadron.com/SearchResults.asp?offset=0

HB F-18C page

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=HY80321

Yikes

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts
  • 5 months later...
HobbyBoss Hornets are up to $82.95 MSRP now and MMD/Squadron is seeling them for a 'discount' of $75... the prices don't match up between this one and the individual item page. The overall page listed here is $75 and the individual page is $65, what they originally sold for six months ago. Maybe they are 'discounted' this month.

Matt

Wow...$82 MSRP? Then why is my LHS selling it for $65?

I buy the Revell Hornets (C,E,F) because they are great kits for the price. Heck, with the Michaels 50% coupon I bought the Revell F-18E for $9. However, I'll be buying the Hase D whenever I see one for a price I like as Revell doesn't offer one.:whistle:

I've never made one yet, but couldn't you just do some surgery to the Revell kit to drop the flaps? Some may be more willing than others (you must decide for yourself if its worth the effort, after all) to perform the work necessary, but it is an option...

Aaron

Aires makes open and closed burner cans for the F-18A/B/C/D (and perhaps E/F/G). Anyway, I would recommend you try dealing with ARC'ers here in the BST forum. I bought a CF-188A Hornet CAF 75th Anniv. boxing off a fellow member with a set of AFB VFA-83 markings (full 8x10 sheet), a painted resin ejection seat and a set of MAW-Decals stencils for $45 plus shipping. Sure, the box is opened, but hey, as long as the kit is unstarted, I'm happy!

And Aaron, you could perform surgery to drop the flaps, but after doing that for my F-16D from Has, never again.

Hasegawa does make the best Hornet in 48 scale. Plenty of options. Just no weapons. As for Hornet kits, you can actually use the Hase C version and do some minor modifications to the vertical tails to backdate it to an A. CF-188's just use the A tails. Some have the bird slicers, and some have lumps and bumps. There's an article on the main site on backdating the C version to a CF-188A.

And as mentioned, you can use the upcoming LEM standard CAF markings.