Tornado GR4 update set

Does anyone know if one of the aftermarket companies will be making a resin update set for the re-released Italeri kit? This is much needed, the FIN does not get the respect it deserves when it comes to plastic kits.

Chin pod, ejection seat, fin correction, targeting pod (Sniper now being fitted), wing glove and ECM/chaff pods would make a great set. Paragon already has the flaps and slats set ( I think that should be not included as it would drive the price tag out of reach for some modellers).

DrPepper, Shull24, WolfPack, TwoMikes etc........ can any of you help out with this request?

With all the great schemes that have been painted on RAF Tornado's lately and decals that are available to build them, this seems like a no brainer.

Cheers,

Derek

Edited by HAZER
If you check out a few UK retailers you'll find that Paragon Designs and Neomega resins have got the Tonka pretty well covered!

Jen.

Paragon : Flaps set,fin correction,exhaust nozzles,wheels,seats,pylons.

Neomega :cockpit set (although it's for the GR.1/IDS and would need to be slightly modified)

Shull24 :Sniper XR targeting pod

Drpepper :LITENING III targeting pod.

Flightpath : GR.4/4A update set.

HTH

Stephen

Fin correction? I've built three Italeri 1:48 Tornados (ECR, Marinefleiger, ADV) and when I got my first, the ECR, I specifically compared the fin to a photogrpah of a real one, and they look to be exactly the same! Is it simply my lack of AMS, or did I miss something?

Fin correction? I've built three Italeri 1:48 Tornados (ECR, Marinefleiger, ADV) and when I got my first, the ECR, I specifically compared the fin to a photogrpah of a real one, and they look to be exactly the same! Is it simply my lack of AMS, or did I miss something?

The Italeri kits outline from the side is fine, but the cross section of the fin at its front base (in front of the heat exchanger duct on the leading edge) is wrong, being too bulbous.

They could just do a new tool Tornado :salute:

Probably easier...and cheaper for us :crying2:

There are rumors but nothing 'real' yet.

There is trouble for all the rivet 'lovers' amongst us though if the sources are right.

That should be hint enough, otherwise look over on Britmodeller's rumor board for the biggest thread - it's buried in there....

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showforum=153

Matt

Rumormongering, better than an olestra laced potato chip for what ails ya!

Edited by Matt Roberts