Hasegawa 1/48 A-7E (VA-25)

Hey Guys... thanks for your great replies and positive comments...

To my Greek friend: the weapons load is totally legit. I confirmed with Reddog who actually worked on these A-7's :-)

She's all together now and standing on my work bench. I need to set up a photo shoot as I really want to get it right and take some top knotch photos and I'll post finished pics soon.

Thanks again guys...

-Greg

Hey Roberto,

No the kit does not come with the weapons. The kit ONLY comes with the AIM-9's and a couple of MER's (Multiple Ejector Rack). The TER and the Rockeyes I got from the Hasegawa Aircraft Weapons A (US Bombs and TOW Target System).

As for the canopy, I assume you mean how I fixed the fact that it was too wide? If so then I just followed the advice given to me here at ARC by fellow modellers. Basically dip the canopy in ALMOST boiling water for 10 seconds then gently press the sides together. Preferably just put the hot plastic right on the fuselage and press until it aligns with the side walls. You will have to do this multiple times since you do want to go gently and you don't want to use boiling water...

It's not a bad kit really, but it's not a Shake 'n Bake bake nor does it fall together. If you want it to look really good expect to spend alot of time sanding and some rescribing. The air intake the the most major hastle for sure as you really have to go to town on removing those nasty seams on either side...

Also, pay close attention to the details depending on what era A-7 you are modelling. Out of the box the A-7 represents one from mid 1970 onward. If you want to do an early 1970's bird, like mine, then follow my build progress as it outlines the changes that need to be made.

Good luck.

-Greg

Hey Roberto,

No the kit does not come with the weapons. The kit ONLY comes with the AIM-9's and a couple of MER's (Multiple Ejector Rack). The TER and the Rockeyes I got from the Hasegawa Aircraft Weapons A (US Bombs and TOW Target System).

As for the canopy, I assume you mean how I fixed the fact that it was too wide? If so then I just followed the advice given to me here at ARC by fellow modellers. Basically dip the canopy in ALMOST boiling water for 10 seconds then gently press the sides together. Preferably just put the hot plastic right on the fuselage and press until it aligns with the side walls. You will have to do this multiple times since you do want to go gently and you don't want to use boiling water...

It's not a bad kit really, but it's not a Shake 'n Bake bake nor does it fall together. If you want it to look really good expect to spend alot of time sanding and some rescribing. The air intake the the most major hastle for sure as you really have to go to town on removing those nasty seams on either side...

Also, pay close attention to the details depending on what era A-7 you are modelling. Out of the box the A-7 represents one from mid 1970 onward. If you want to do an early 1970's bird, like mine, then follow my build progress as it outlines the changes that need to be made.

Good luck.

-Greg

Yeah Greg that I think that is one of the downfalls to the Hasegawa kit. NO WEAPONS!!!!! Thats ok though, and thanks to your build I was able to represent an early 70's Corsair!

That's the downfall with most Hasegawa kits. Is the fact that they don't come with weapons. Only a select few actually do. On the flip side of that argument, when you buy their weapons sets they give you a lot to chose from and they serve multiple kits. IMHO, the amount you pay for what you get in those weapons sets and the amount of planes you can outfit with them the price is almost worth it. Nice to have that kind of variety to choose from.

She's now done... see and criticize her in the Critique Corner :-)

Again, thanks for looking and I hope you have enjoyed reading my progress as much as I enjoyed doing the write up :-)

-Greg