Trumpy 1:48 J-10, HB 1:48 Kittycat

The J-10 bears a strong resemblance to the old IAI Lavi. Although Chengdu strenuously deny it's the same aircraft, there's enough of a relationship between the two countries for there to have been some, shall we say, cross-pollination. But to be fair, it does seem to be a bit bigger and to differ in some details (he says from faint memory - don't ask me which!).

Trumpeter have done it in 1/72 so it can only be a matter of time before it turns up in 1/48. Their 1/48 jets do have some rivets (you should see the old RA-5C) but they're easy enough to deal with and (my eight farthings' worth) not enough reason to trash the kit or the company.

Edited by pigsty

As for the Lavi/J-10 connection it has been strenuously denied in recent articles on the J-10 but still to my eyes it looks like how the YF-17 eventually begat the F-18F. They are not the same plane but the linage and inspiration still makes them look like relatives.

Interesting that the J-10 displayed is a J-10A, I thought the 'current' one was a J-10C - that is if they use 'Western' naming styles and not the stupidity of how Flankers are designated.

Still it'd be nice to see a J-10 in a scale I build in, even the 72nd has tempted me towards the dark side a few times.

Notice the 'Sidewinder' missile in the display pics? It looks like there are raised lines around it, just like a botched masking job and ridges showing up :bandhead2:

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts

Guys,

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I meant that we build a love affair with a model and as recent history suggests once it is close to release somebody points out errors, right or wrong, they are shunned and hence you lose tallent. Not modeling tallent, but "Knowledge" tallent.

Either way, I am finished.

DH