Sukoi/Mitsubishi ISAF-1 Buildup

alright, got the rest of the wing layers cut out and am beginning final assembly on them. Scribing in the flaps and panel lines on the wings this way will be a roaysl bi*ch I know but It'll be worth the effort. I've decided agaisnt an actual hinge assembly as that would frankly be waay to hard to make for my skill level. It'll just be a friction fit.

100_1211.jpg

100_1210.jpg

Well, i finally decide to get her back out and at least scribe the wing flaps before it all has to get packed-up for the 600 mile trip home for Christmas break, and it seems my final hobby knife has been stolen. I did not loose them, becasue one does not loose three fresh hobby knives (and the handles they were in!) and not find at least one! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!.

But anyway I'm back on the wagon with this bird. Look soon for pics of the wing flaps and maybe the whole wing assemblies glued together (like I said, the swing mechanism will just be a friction fit) and work to commence on the autonomous booster/drone that'll be riding piggyback.

Laterz

Since I want the wings to be moveable I'm building them in a snadwich-style fashion on the aircraft. Here's the first peice of bread glued on the aircraft:

100_1208.jpg

I like the forward swept configuration, it looks cool, but I do have a question......

Do you urinate just, plain, straight Sierra Mist?

Sorry, had to ask. :worship:

I like the forward swept configuration, it looks cool, but I do have a question......

Do you urinate just, plain, straight Sierra Mist?

Sorry, had to ask. :cheers:

No, I just had no place to put the cans (we're supposed to have a bag to collect the recyclables so we can get the deposit back on the drink containers) and they're at least a month old. (I'm not a very clean individual)

So..any progress?

The batteries 'went missing' out of mky camera, but I have found my knives...all three of them...yes...they were on my desk under the mess...anyway I've resumed work on the wings and I might be able to get shots up by tomorrow night when I get home (eight-ten hours in the car...damn good thing I've got 3 and a half weeks off for Christmas!).

Got some work done. Built the rudder while watching Shikabane Hime (check it out, it's awesome!) and used K'nex and plastic epoxy.

the parts laid out, K'nex ball joint cut and glued

100_1255.jpg

the rudder folded for high-speed and takeoff/landing

100_1258.jpg

the rudder unfolded for manuvering

100_1259.jpg

And the last two showing the articulation

100_1260.jpg

100_1261.jpg

Couldn't resist, my 1:1 lunkhead; Shadow

100_1246.jpg

Edited by sv51macross

I know. Sorry, I just found the little thing in the menu that disables the date tags.

Progress: gluing the wings. Port wing is together and stable but the starboard wing isn't being the most co-operative (From now on I don't care how long it takes I'm making solid wings!) and its dropping, so it'll take some time. Progect is nearing paintbooth, I just have to adjust the canopies, get a 1:48 nude female figure (this is an aircraft from my book, G-suit function is taken over by the smooth muscles in the pilot's body so all that's needed is something insulative), get the TV nozzles finalized, and fix the canards.

...get a 1:48 nude female figure (this is an aircraft from my book, G-suit function is taken over by the smooth muscles in the pilot's body so all that's needed is something insulative)...

What about all the survival equipment that's in a flight suit/G-suit?

What about all the survival equipment that's in a flight suit/G-suit?

I was thinking something along the lines of Major Motoko Kusanagi's inviso/combat suit (Ghost in a Shell Stand Alone Complex), with a utility belt having several medium pouches/weapon holster and a couple more pockets on the chest. that, or the Ejection seat headrest has all the survival gear the suit would normally carry. I dunno.

Way cool! :cheers: Really like the ventral fin. Will you make some kind of aerodynamic fairing for the ball joint? Maybe that would have been easier had you put the ball on the fin instead of the fuselage, though. :deadhorse1:

Cute pooch! :deadhorse1:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Way cool! :worship: Really like the ventral fin. Will you make some kind of aerodynamic fairing for the ball joint? Maybe that would have been easier had you put the ball on the fin instead of the fuselage, though. :salute:

Cute pooch! :lol:

Yep, a half a Pheonix nosecone's going in front. Originally it was going to be the ball on the fin, but it just worked out this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. Now that I've cooled down, I am for the time abandoning this project. I attempted to make strengthening blankets for the wings and fuselage, but after seeing that they looked horrible, tried to remove them. Well, I tore the left wing apart as a result. As I cannot deal with it right now I am putting it away and you will not see it until spring break when I retrieve it. Really sorry, it was looking so good too.