THE GREAT F-105D Thunderchief

hello friends, after a time that i will of the WIP topics, i'm back, and yesterday after I complete the Rafale, i thinking about what would be the next on the list, and from thoughts like "would be the turn of the Gripen? not the time for the deltas with cannards ultimately were Rafale and typhoom" and "maybe a T-27 Tucano?.... but i see between among those entangled in plastic boxes and realized that a face look at me with a smile almost as funny as saying," is my time ".. .. I looked and saw there with the thud of a man abandoned puppy and thought ... "or do it now or I wait for the hobbyboss be purchased it is known there when ... caught the thud and began to build

monogran kit is simple but very well detailed, the landing gears are very good detailed, the cockpit is not bed. the bad pois is not have the recessed panel lines

The thud is my favorite airplane, was an incredible machine, with a story even more incredible, was flown by brave mens that this plane made an integral part of their lives, the thud was flown from 1950 until the mid half of 1980, carried the weight of the strategic actions in Vietnam usaf virtually alone, both q more than 75% of the fleet was lost in action in southeast asia ...

for those who want to know more about this fantastic aircraft visit with my friends Gary and Craigh Baker www.burrusspta.org/thud.html

going to the point I want to do a good job in this kit so the various sources, which recommend the Warbird tech is great

photos

P3170016.jpg

P3170018.jpg

P3170013.jpg

began by wings

P3170014.jpg

and tanks

P3170015.jpg

coming soon news

thud drivers salute

cheers for all

good staff, Following ...

Yesterday research on the interior of the f-105, and found that D version came out with factory settings for different instrumentation, is part of the RWR or the NAV of these differences ... produced many changes in the configuration panel of F-105D, to have some indicators of RWR on the panel and other such systems having a console side ...

however the aircraft after monogran of these systems on the panel which shows an aircraft being the final version of the F-105D, and so was the fight

the interior of the Monogram kit is good, and considerable detail, but needed some additions

started by the panel

the manual, wrong , told of dark gray paint, but analyzing pictures sent by gary baker, I see that the correct inetrior color is light gray, then paint it all in light gray with airbrush, and then started using the black detailing and wash in light gray, and the result was this

70bb2688.jpg

was then the turn of cockpit, where I did the same procedure of panel

427da3c6.jpg

d9f53c0b.jpg

the stick

c6590404.jpg

and seat, which worked with the styrofoam cup of coffee, Tamyia tape and chip motherboard of pc ...

I feel the padding and hose of the oxygen was Crode with the guitar

06e83cce.jpg

8450c400.jpg

I did a wash with black oil paint and siena

the partial result, some details still missing, this was

f58e2b00.jpg

0c23ec5a.jpg

0a45eb25.jpg

Unfortunately the photos in macro mode to take a little notion of depth, but the naked eye as the result I expected

hugs and thanks for track

Edited by POMPEO

Indeed you're right, the good old Monogram are really nice except those raised lines :blink:

Well, nice start, will you build the whole model OOB ( excepted the raised panels lines)?

Waiting to see your Thud :thumbsup:

Luc

thank's friends, i will try to made a nice job on this Thud

mirage2000...thanks for watching

spooky my friend, comingsoon i will start the mohawk hear on Wip to

Rom, thanks for your watching

cheers

hello guys, thank's for watching, thank's for your suport

the news are

i worked on nozzle that was smooth and without detail, used a cup of yogurt to make the frames of the nozzle, and then used the airbrush with flat black and white chalk pastel and earth of Siena to the burned, I think result agrees well with the real

P3290012.jpg

P3290013.jpg

P3290014.jpg

P3290016.jpg

P3290020.jpg

general view

P3290009.jpg

now is time to painting job

coming soon hot news

cheers

Nice progress on Your Thud. I like the idea of using the yoghurt-cup for the exhaust. Very original & looking surprisingly convincing...!!! :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work while I hop over to Your Mohawk WIP to see what's cooking over there.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

spooky, thanks for your kind words, the assembly line in my house is in war production, full time, and so fast

Aaron, the Monogran Thud really is a great kit, coming soon i will post the paint job, at this days is very cold and raining day, but at the first sunny day i will proceed the paint

cheers and thanks for watching

spooky, thanks for your kind words, the assembly line in my house is in war production, full time, and so fast

I just hope Your local "war production assembly line" isn't meant to fulfil some nasty plans against our nation.

Just remember my friend: "Holland & Brasil go back a long waaaaay...!!!"

:thumbsup:

I was quite surprised that You guy's even have an entire city in Brasil which still resembles Holland in many way's.

I think it's called "Hollandia" And ought to be situated "near" Your Capital-city. Unfortunately I found out too late during my visit some

two years ago, otherwise I most surely would have taken the time to pay it a visit.

Oh well, instead I had a magnificant stay at "Foz-do-Iguacu" and some other places.

Sure hope to re-visit Brasil some time in the future again...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Spooky my friend

no evil plans, the reinforcement of "my" Air Force, is just to protect me, is a measure of defense and not attack :cheers: :D

about Brazil ... I can assure you that our country is a nation that over time has received immigrants from various parts of the world, all because of the peaceful and friendly people that live here

will be a pleasure to welcome you again, without saying that the sights here are many and you need at least one holiday of six months to meet our country

make sure that it will be very well received

a fraternal hug from friend POMPEO

Spooky my friend

no evil plans, the reinforcement of "my" Air Force, is just to protect me, is a measure of defense and not attack :monkeydance::whistle:

about Brazil ... I can assure you that our country is a nation that over time has received immigrants from various parts of the world, all because of the peaceful and friendly people that live here

will be a pleasure to welcome you again, without saying that the sights here are many and you need at least one holiday of six months to meet our country

make sure that it will be very well received

a fraternal hug from friend POMPEO

Glad to read that Your "private Air Force" is only for self-protection !!!

As for the Brazilian people; You're spot-on my friend. I have nothing but good experiences with them. If it would be up to me, I would pack my bag's & move to Brazil in an instant !!! Oh well, who know's when I retire...

As for Your country: I even doubt if 6 month's would be sufficient... There's just soo much to see: so many different cultures all packed into one country, so many sight's to behold and a climate-variety to top it all off. Having absolutely no interrest in promoting Your country at all, I can strongly advice anyone to pay a visit to Brazil. I for sure will return to Brazil somewhere in the future !!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

spooky, we will waiting for you :yahoo: <_< <_< :D :D

cheers my friend

Always nice to hear. Who know's: might be knocking on Your door sometime in the (distant) future...

Currently I'm preparing my trip to Shanghai so I guess it might tak some time before I'll visit Brail again.

Never-the-less, I'm sure I'll return to Your lovely country.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

• 2 weeks later...

Spook like i say, will waiting for.....:D

well, at this last weekend the cold and rainy days gives some time, and sun show me your face, with this i trying to made the paint job on Thud...see the pic's

painting with dark green, green e dark earth

P4170002.jpg

P4170003.jpg

frist varnish aplication

P4190009.jpg

after-burn details

P4190012.jpg

P4190015.jpg

P4190021.jpg

P4190022.jpg

some general views, showing the weathered paint job

P4190016.jpg

P4190017.jpg

neutral grey weathered on underside

P4190023.jpg

now is the weathering and bombos eand tanks paint

cheers and thank's for watching

WOW, great looking Thud. The 105 has always been a favorite of mine, and I have built this kit before. Did you rescribe the raised lines or just leave it as such?? Either way that paint job is very very nice. Cant wait to see this bad boy on legs!

hi friends, thank's for your kind words, Honza, i use the monogran intructions and the paints are of federal standard chart, please explain me the wrong points

cheers