I was in the middle of building this F-4E, along with an Academy 1/32 F-18C, when tragedy struck my family. This, along with work, didn't allow me to dig into modeling like had once did. Well, I'm back in the saddle again and here's the completed Pro Modeler F-4E. A great kit except for the lack of intake details. Seats are from Legend and SB intake covers. It's not my best, but reflecting on the last year's events...I feel fortunate to have been able to finish it. I'll post pics of the 1/32 F-18C later.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Looks sharp Sting. great airbrush work. What do you spray with? I hope all is well with your family :cheers:

I used a Badger 155 for the camo. I had just purchased it and was eager to try it. I practiced with it for a few days to get the feel for it before using it on the Phantom. On a side note, I purchased a dual action, internal mix airbrush from Harbor Freight Tools last year for about $20. I just wanted to see see what it could do. I don't even know who the manufacturere is, but it sprays a tight line for camouflage work. It's not a Badger or Iwata by any stretch of the imagination, but it's great for someone just starting out or for someone with a limited budget.

My family is doing well. Thanks for mentioning. It was mainly my dad that had problems. It started out with him developing colon cancer followed by a heart attack months later. Last November he was in a car crash and suffered head trauma which caused a seizure. I moved him and my mom in to my house, again, so my wife and I could take care of them. He had to learn to walk and talk all over again. Anyway, he's back home and still recovering, but doing well. So, on to the next model!!!

I used a Badger 155 for the camo. I had just purchased it and was eager to try it. I practiced with it for a few days to get the feel for it before using it on the Phantom. On a side note, I purchased a dual action, internal mix airbrush from Harbor Freight Tools last year for about $20. I just wanted to see see what it could do. I don't even know who the manufacturere is, but it sprays a tight line for camouflage work. It's not a Badger or Iwata by any stretch of the imagination, but it's great for someone just starting out or for someone with a limited budget.

My family is doing well. Thanks for mentioning. It was mainly my dad that had problems. It started out with him developing colon cancer followed by a heart attack months later. Last November he was in a car crash and suffered head trauma which caused a seizure. I moved him and my mom in to my house, again, so my wife and I could take care of them. He had to learn to walk and talk all over again. Anyway, he's back home and still recovering, but doing well. So, on to the next model!!!

Glad to hear He's on the mend :)

I like the badger but my old 150 ( i think thats what it is- circa 1988) is a bit in need of parts. Lately using a pair of paasche's or Aztec...I know I know :cheers:

I like the sound of the $20 brush- Im in the market for something basic and breakable for my 12 year old kid, he's ready to step up to try his hand at airbrushing his kits.

So whats the next project?

Derek

Edited by 1/48 scale pilot

I'm finishing a Strike Eagle, Memphis Belle III", and should be followed by a B-25J. I suffer the syndrom of starting one project and going to another before finishing the 1st. I have several "in-progress" builds and sooooo many models and decals to match!!! :cheers:

I'm finishing a Strike Eagle, Memphis Belle III", and should be followed by a B-25J. I suffer the syndrom of starting one project and going to another before finishing the 1st. I have several "in-progress" builds and sooooo many models and decals to match!!! :)

I have the same problem. I've been modeling since I was 9, and never stopped. I can remember back then getting a model and completing it that night... ahh the good ol' days. So now I keep Public Storage in business to keep all the plastic i've accumulated over the decades... :cheers:

Mr. Sting my heart goes out to you and your family. I know how hard it is to take care of sick parent. I spent 3 years taking care of my mother before she passed. It was in taking care of her that I got back into modeling. It relieved alot of stress and it was something i could do while I was at home with her 24/7. May God bless you and your family,

Ranger Dave

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

Ahhhh.....very, very nice Phantom; we don't see many "E's" with the original fairing on the gun. Thanks for the look back. Excellent job on the camou. and finish. My best wishes for a full recovery for your Dad.