Check out this photoetch!!

Looks very impressive, but I can't read the text to find out more. I did gather that you can have different IP's if you want, and that is pretty cool.

Did the photoetch date say 1996 or is that a number meaning something else?

I am guessing the number means something else as his last email to me mentioned that he was expecting the first etch sets to arrive in the next few days.

Chris has spent the last 20 yrs flying BK's EC 145's etc.... for ADAC after years flying Hueys for the German Army I think he said. Very passionate about Helicopters and a really nice guy!

I usually copy the text and then paste it into an online translater.

Cheers

Anthony

Yes Oliver, he has a Huey on the bench for his next project. He is using the Revell kit as his basis for a 212 detail set. Hence me getting the Revell kit from you for my project. We are working together on this as I am doing mine as a 412 so we can swap parts etc. He may be doing a std 1D/H detail set too.

Cheers

Anthony

Very cool and VERY interesting! The UH-1D/H 32nd scale kits are going for a bit higher than usual on Evilbay the last two weeks, but I don't know why. I don't keep up with other forums so I don't know if there is some announcement somewhere else that I don't know about, but BOY does the possibility of a 412/212 perk my ears up.

I wish I could say I knew what I was talking about when it comes to PE and resin and such, but I do love looking at what is being made for the modeling community. Very, very cool. I hope to see more updates or info as it comes in too!

Thank you Anthony.

Yes it says "bis etwa 1996", it is an indication that that particular cockpit panel was used until around 1996. Another part has the indication "1996-2008"

So it is not the "release" date of the photoetched set.

Cheers,

Tim

Looks very impressive, but I can't read the text to find out more. I did gather that you can have different IP's if you want, and that is pretty cool.

First post.....

"Model Hello Friends,

long has it lasted - I'm back and at the Ätzsatz I have in recent weeks worked - he is ready.

I think and hope that your patience only four to six weeks to be strained.

Before start of production, I must have a sample set to build the building and create.

It also needs more time ...

The Ätzsatz itself has become much more extensive than I originally planned (if I ever am .....) and it was thoroughly revised.

If you like, you can order in relation to the detail of BK steam - at least in the cockpit area ...!

The record contains, inter alia:

- Front cockpit floor

- Structural details with lower ribs

- Panel makers

- Anti-glare

- Battery and battery holder (this is shown the door open

be)

- Pitch Details

- Radio console with optional extra radios (revised)

- Lower seat frames / mounts (seats follow)

- Seat Belts

- Pedals

- Wiper (revised again)

- Complete overhead panel

- Cockpit doors and interior door handles

- Sliding window on the side windows"

(The list on the side visible to the upper image refers to the building to be produced - Numbers and names of the parts - and is not yet complete).

8 different instrument panel can be selected:

... with and without autopilot, weather radar and without a new ADAC standard with integrated moving map, and with / without autopilot, DRF with a large moving map, with and without autopilot, standard panel generally with and without autopilot and / or GPS ... etc.

Matching to the various versions, the console design (partly different radios).

Which version is required on a case please - it is then when the sentence.

Most parts are very difficult and require out a steady hand and a good eye on the construction.

Particularly sensitive, I have also attached as a reserve, because who knows it is not nearly finished, and then jumps the thing from the forceps and is never on the carpet disappeared ...

To Ätzsatz includes corresponding detailed printed instrumentation (behind the panel Ätzteil) and other details.

This represented the D-HMUZ (CH 26, Busch Sander / Friesland) in the run up to approximately 2008, with weather radar and GPS.

The radar nose is also in the Making ..., but this later ..

As much as a small report.

Hope you are me and I remained faithful to your curious echo ...

Bis denne

Chris"

His second post reads.....

"Dear colleagues, modeling,

all it takes a bit longer than planned because I just incidentally, the project may be ahead - but I think the result justifies a bit of patience.

The first two sample plates, so to speak, the "zero series" is etched, see pictures.

I'm at Probebau for any errors yet to be discovered and corrected in a can - and lo and behold, what I've found that I had previously overlooked.

Where as when writing text on the computer ... - Recognize the errors are usually not on the screen, but only if the prints are done, who does not know it.

So the same problem here too - that is, I must once again according to the draft revision, new movies, and can only go in the series. So take a little bit.

Simultaneously with the Probebau do I create the building.

As the basis of their pictures can see, are the parts of 0.15 mm thick brass plate extremely finely executed.

This implies a high degree of difficulty in the construction, since the parts partially paper and are extremely small - see the match in comparison.

But I think that is exactly the attraction for the model lies.

As already mentioned, I have the smallest and most complicated parts of partially double-executed, if anything should be lost or irretrievably warped will.

Tips and tricks for the treatment and processing technology of the parts I show in the building.

Because the parts are so finely executed, and by painting verschwemmt would, so details were lost, I will leave parts black burnishing - hope it works out. So they paint and all details will be kept.

Due to the high cost of Serienätzung, printing and much Brünierung in four euro area, I will begin the series of 25 pieces must be limited.

So if you are interested in one sentence, it should be with me on the PN-Box in touch.

Freu mich auf Kommentare

bis denne

Chris"

And, his third.....

"Thank you and thank Mario at this point at all to me with their comments tribute ....!

It was / is in fact a "frenzy of work and during the past nine months there was one or other moment - .....!

However, I am pleased that all the effort was worthwhile and Tüftelei and my ideas of subtlety and detail in this scale yet to implement them.

Now even the most recent changes and then to Kleinserienätzung.

The preparations for the next project has also run ...: Cockpit and Interior Bell 205 A1/UH-1D, rebuilding parts of Bell 212 1: 32 to Revell-base and in 1: 35 for the Dragon kits provided by the proportions quite well but unfortunately have been very rough (rivets and thick material) are executed.

Your old shipyard built models of the Huey Revell away ... not! With the projected rate, you can then the great role models "einsatzverlängernde measures", and rebuild the models.

Best Regards

Chris"

Courtesy of Google Translate.

Edited by RCoulter52
Yes Oliver, he has a Huey on the bench for his next project. He is using the Revell kit as his basis for a 212 detail set. Hence me getting the Revell kit from you for my project. We are working together on this as I am doing mine as a 412 so we can swap parts etc. He may be doing a std 1D/H detail set too.

Cheers

Anthony

Anthony/

Can you keep posted on the Huey stuff regardless of the model. I am very interested.

Oliver

Hi Charlie....sorry I missed your post.

Do you mean the glass cockpit for the BK or the EC-145?

Cheers

Anthony

Ooh, your question made me think of another. Can you use this for the EC-145 kit???? That would be very nice.

Look forward to seeing more of this,

Brandon

Well Brandon...........you will want one of these sets then!

Prepare to be amazed!

http://www.renaissance-models.com/Avions/notice_ec145.htm

Cheers

Anthony

Well, I guess I'm completely out of the loop here! Since no one else here has asked I'll do it. How do you get these sets? Are they available in the USA? Whats the manufacturers name? How many different sets are available?

Sincerely,

Crash

Hiya Crash

You can buy the EC-145 detail/upgrade set direct from Pedro @ Renaissance, he is a great guy and you wont be dissapointed when you see it.

As for the BK-117 set, Chris I believe is only going to do 25 sets, so you will need to contact him direct. I think there is a link to him on Tims excellent scale-rotors website

http://www.scale-rotors.com/news-reviews/c...17-cockpit-set-

Cheers

Anthony

Well Brandon...........you will want one of these sets then!

Prepare to be amazed!

http://www.renaissance-models.com/Avions/notice_ec145.htm

Cheers

Anthony

Remarkable! That is a huge set, and what detail! I will have to look into it, but I am afraid that it will have to wait until I get back from my trip.

Thanks for the update Anthony.

Brandon

Cheers

Anthony

The Army EC-145 uses the glass cockpit. It has two MFDs installed in the instrument panel. I'll post a picture tomorrow evening. Ray and I are going to visit a couple of them tomorrow.

Charlie

Edited by Retired GunPilot

Anthony,

I have been away from modeling for a bit, as life, work and family have taken precedence. I will be looking forward to your project with great interest. I have always been a fan of the 412. Several years ago, I had begun a conversion of the Revell 1/32 scale Huey into a 412. It was to be based on the colorful units flown by the Los Angeles County Fire Dept. Obviously, at the time, I lacked the skills, knowledge and reference material to execute such a project. I had attempted to reshape the nose of the fuselage with Evergreen styrene strips. I also attempted to make a new cowling,main rotor and exhaust housing on the top of the aircraft with a dense styrene foam material used in porch railings. I will have to take some photos to show where the project sits. I think that this was too ambitious a project for a beginner, and thus it has sat. I should probably just build a simple kit out of the box, as I have never completed a helicopter build before. Once I have some experience, then I can tackle a more challenging project like a 412 conversion. I recall following a thread here on a similar project several months ago. I have recently thought of using one of the Academy(UH1N?) kits as the basis for the same project. We shall see. Sorry for rambling...

Sincerely,

David

Cheers

Anthony

Here is an image of the instrument panel Ray took today out at Flat Iron. This is what the Army instrument panel will look like. Ray will post more images tonight or tomorrow. He took a ton of images of the White Whale and the LUH. He left my house a few minutes ago a happy camper. He was like a little boy in a hobby shop today. Glad to see him get what he wanted.

LUHInstrPanel.jpg

Charlie

Wow, that is one awesome cockpit setup!!! Check out that R-Flight link I sent (above), and scroll down to the cockpit etch images. They appear to be identical layouts. So if you are wanting to do one like this and use etch then the set you require is the one above. I would have loved to have gone with you guys, but thats the problem with being on the other side of the world!

David, great to hear from you again my friend! I would love to see some images of where you got on your 412!!! Look, if there is anything I can do to offer any assistance when I get to mine next, it would be my pleasure to help you. As regards the conversion, I would personally stick with the older Revell kit. Whilst the Panda one is ok I just feel that the Revell one is a better starting point shape wise. I started upgrading the Panda one here but just wasnt happy with it. Actually when I compared the 2 kits, the Revell one is noticeably bigger considering the difference in scale.

Considering her age Revell did some great ol kits back then

Anyway thats just my 2cents worth.

Cheers

Anthony

Hey Charlie, you will need to be able to read French not German. If you are wanting to do that "Army" EC145(quite a different beast to the BK117 in most areas) then Chris's set from Germany wont be much use to you, it will be the French one from Renaissiance.

I may still have Pedro's email address somewhere for the big EC145 set to order.

My wife just rang me at work to say there is a parcel from Germany at home waiting for me.......woo hoo! Cant wait to get home now!

Let me know if there is anything more I can help with

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ