Bf 109G-14, 5a Squadriglia, 2° Gruppo Caccia

I humbly present my 1/32 debut, a Bf 109G-14 flown by Maggiore Mario Bellagambi the commander of 5a Squadriglia, 2° Gruppo Caccia, "Diavoli Rossi", from Osoppo, Italy in March '45. Bellagambi claimed 10 kills during his career. He is generally acknowledged to be one of the most aggressive and dynamic Italian fighter pilots.

I picked up this kit on sale at Wal-Mart for the princely sum of $4. Since a lot of people complain about the high price of modeling these days, (in large part due to the "Axis of Evil": Hasegawa, Tamiya and Trumpeter :unsure: ) this was a budget build to prove a point, you don't have to spend a butt load of money to have fun and produce a reasonable looking model, that is to say somebody can produce a reasonable looking model I don't want you guys to get your hopes up on any of my efforts. I didn't use any aftermarket except for markings (Sky Decals) and any mods were restricted to materials I had on hand.

Anyway, fit was good, shape is pretty accurate, not too much to complain about but I will anyway. The wheels wells are devoid of any detail, I did some scratch building to address this issue. Second, no aileron mass balances, still working on that one, not so easy to scratch build. I dropped the landing and radiator flaps, scribed some missing detail and lots of little things that I'm not inclined to type all out at this point.

Finished in Aeromaster Acrylics and Sky Decals "Bf 109 in Italian Service".

On a side note I discovered this aircraft was a most likely a G-14/AS after the build was nearly complete, oh well you roll with the punches when you build 109's! :wub:

As always, thanks for looking!

Ciao und Auf Wiedersehen!

Mike

DSCN1898.jpg

DSCN1900.jpg

DSCN1901.jpg

DSCN1904.jpg

DSCN1906.jpg

DSCN1899.jpg

Edited by The Mikester

brawunderbahr!! :unsure:

Your paint job is very nice!

I bought the Macchi veltro from the same brand... cheap and original model

I will enjoy paiting its so nice italian camo!!

bye

What a beautiful ANR Messerschmitt, Mike!

A really good job. Even better, considering the kit.

I'm "charmed" by Maj. Bellagambi' s aircraft, and I'm planning a build as well.

In all the profiles I have, the aircraft is represented in 74/75/76 scheme, with a really dark and close mottling on the sides of fuselage.

But your interpretation strongly worth consideration.

..and it's a beautiful camouflage!

Congratulations!

Paolo

Edited by rotaliscia
What a beautiful ANR Messerschmitt, Mike!

A really good job. Even better, considering the kit.

I'm "charmed" by Maj. Bellagambi' s aircraft, and I'm planning a build as well.

In all the profiles I have, the aircraft is represented in 74/75/76 scheme, with a really dark and close mottling on the sides of fuselage.

But your interpretation strongly worth consideration.

..and it's a beautiful camouflage!

Congratulations!

Paolo

Paolo,

Thanks for the kind words! I normally like to have some good photos of what I'm building, in this case I didn't have any. This W.Nr. block was actually a G-14/AS batch so I think a 74/75/76 scheme would probably be correct. I didn't learn this was an AS plane until I was almost finished otherwise I would have gone with another scheme. :)

Mike, I have been waiting for this day that you venture out of 72nd! and the results are outstanding!

BTW..

Welcome to the Dark Side!!! What's next another 1/32?

Well it had to happen sometime, eh? :salute:

I've got ten of the 21st CT Friedrichs in the stash and I have a real soft spot for Eastern Front F's. With DOTR2 just around the corner a big 190 isn't out of the question either. :jaw-dropping:

Outstanding job Mike...but then that's what we've come to expect from you... :doh: . I've got a "Zero" from them and it appears to be a real decent kit, if I can get the results from it you got from your Messer I will be ecstatic.

Outstanding job Mike...but then that's what we've come to expect from you... :doh: . I've got a "Zero" from them and it appears to be a real decent kit, if I can get the results from it you got from your Messer I will be ecstatic.

Thank you, sir! Just watch those big holes where the fuselage screws go in. I think spent half my time on this one filling and sanding those buggers!

Beautiful finish, Mikester!

If you didnt tell it was a 21st Century kit I still would be thinking it's a HASE for sure!

Very inspirational! I've saved your picts for future reference :deadhorse1:

Keep'em coming!

FAB

A great unique finish to an otherwise "common" aircraft. I always like looking at a different spin on a kit. This is a great looking '32 kit, and Mikester, great show of, as you said, not needing a butt-load of money spent to make a great quality piece. Thanks for sharing!

Mark.