OK, I've dinked with this for a couple of weeks now and while the pictures suck,in person I think it looks pretty dirty. Please give me you honest assessment as I'm trying to learn weathering. I sprayed ProModelers sand and the dark wash very heavily and allowed it to settle naturally. Again, ALL tips and ideas welcomed.

This is before the weathering:

100_2748.jpg

100_2746.jpg

And this is after:

100_2774.jpg

100_2775.jpg

100_2777.jpg

Nice work, its got the sun faded look & the tracks have a more used look as well all I'd add is some soot to the engine deck grills from Tamiya's set B & some MiG rubble dust on the road wheels/running gear...but as it is it looks great.....

now I want to do a Nam track so where's my Sheridan.

Andy.

• 3 weeks later...
Top notch Sean!

I need to add a Sheridan to my list. and a nice 113 as well

That Tamiya stuff is the bees knees. I love that stuff

Paul-

Majority of the time I really dig the Tamiya armor. The exception is the M-551. Really one of the poorest armor kit they put out. Actually scales out to 1/32.

FYI

HTH

IMHO

JIYC

ASOASO

Edited by Huey Gunner
Paul-

Majority of the time I really dig the Tamiya armor. The exception is the M-551. Really one of the poorest armor kit they put out. Actually scales out to 1/32.

FYI

HTH

IMHO

JIYC

ASOASO

I was actually looking into the Academy M551 "Gulf War" edition. I have heard some decent things about that one.

I was actually referring to the weathering master stuff when I made that comment (In fact, until you said something, I had no idea Tamiya even made a 551)

I was actually referring to the weathering master stuff when I made that comment (In fact, until you said something, I had no idea Tamiya even made a 551)
I understood what you said. I just got the "B" and "C" set. Very skeptical at first. After trying it out I have since ordered the other 3 sets.