I'm thinking of getting a 1/48 su-25 to fill a gap in my model stash. The only ones I know about are the OEZ KIT (rebadged as Kopro I'm told) and the Revell/Monogram. I've seen some bad reviews on the RM kit, can someone confirm if it is really that bad?

I notice on greatmodels.com that the Kopro is almost triple the price of RM.

I'm no expert on the su-25, I can live with a kit with a simple cockpit as I'll probably scratch build or get aftermarket, the priority for me would be a reasonable accurate shape and panel lines etc.

thanks

For what it's worth, I think both kits are very nice. I haven't officially built mine, but I have dry-fitted them together and they both seem to fit well and have nice external detail.

As said before, the Revell kit is a model of the prototype aircraft, or something like that. The OEZ offering is of a production model.

On a separate note, my only complaint of the OEZ kit is , if I remember correctly, it has no cockpit to speak of. I've got several different OEZ kits and they are all pretty much flat floors and sidewalls with an instrument panel and a seat. Neomega makes a sweet cockpit for the Su-25 (single-seater only). I highly recommend it if you want any kind of detail in the cockpit area.

By the way, thanks for that link Andrea!

Edited by B-1 Nut

Hello,

I have a Revell monogram kit I am still working on. I dont have any experience with the Kopro kit. The Monogram kit is easily uprgradable with a couple of add ons. Before I registered here, I went to th gallery and searhed on the Su25. Some good models with help on how to improve it.

You will need to weight the nose. We some times need to do this with other kits.

You will need to make 2 sets of pylons(if you wish). I believe they all should be the same aside from the AA missles.

The ordinance is terrible. This is a major draw back for me. I have had a hard time locating 1/48 scale modern Russian bombs. I believe SOL makes nice rocket pods though.

All said I would buy another R/M Su25.

Eduard are releasing an Su-25 this year using the KP kit.

Stephen

i don't know where you got this... aven't found anything about.

if you got a link or a pic, please post it! :-)

...if it can help, t-8 and preproduction su-25 had seen fire in afganistan! so you can do RM kit if you want to build a soviet one(and still being historically right)

i had already built the EOZ su-25, there's not much details in the pit, neither in the gear bays... and there's a lot of job in making it right... but it worth every efforts! lines are a bit too soft and deep...rescribe might be required...

the EOZ decal sheet has a continuous carrier film, so you'll have to cut out every decal. i presume the Kopro have a better decal sheet (i think it also come with a small PE set)

i highly recommanded you 1/48 authentic decals for su-25, they got complete and comprehensive stencilling.

All I saw was for the SU-7. Nothing about a SU-25......

From the written portion of the newsletter (no photo):

"All these kits described above are brand new kits, and fresh releases. Besides them, we will have plenty of LIMITED EDITION and WEEKEND kits, as usual. In the LIMITED EDITION line, besides the aforementioned Fokker and Dora, we will be offering the Airacobra Over New Guinea, based, of course, on our own P-39 kits. We will also acquire the kits from other manufacturers, as in past years. Now it will be four 1/48th scale kits by KP: the Su-7, Su-25K, Su-22M-3 and Su-22M-4. Besides them, we will also release the Liberator GR.Mk.V and GR.Mk.VI in 1/72nd scale, which will be ex-Minicraft molds with Eduard conversion parts."

It took me a while to find it too.

OK, Hook a brutha up!!!....what all is needed to make the Mono "Frogfoot" a production machine..., or would it be better to leave it as a prototype testing "live" ordy. If I could find it, someone did a Mono Frogfoot from prod. pic and did a lot of scratchbuilt updates and corrections; it was a beauty.

Edited by Angels49