Italeri's H04S-3 using the kit decals

picture009rv.jpg

Two Italeri CH-118's and a CH-135 using Belcher Bits decals

picture011h.jpg

Airfix L-19 Bird Dog , kit decals

picture013v.jpg

John .

Hope I didn't open Pandora's box for you with the link to Belcher's bits. :lol:

The RCAF stuff will look good next to your USCG builds.

It's kinda funny you should mention that ; Along with the Coast Guard and Canadian rescue birds I'm building , I've now become totally obsessed with "rescue" helicopters and recently ordered five italeri HU-5 wessex kits , another five HAS-3 wessex , two more HO4S-3 with Rotor Crafts resin conversion to make a Westland Whirlwind HAS MK 9 version , Modeldecal RN and RAF rescue decals for all wessex versions , 4+ publications book on the wessex variants , lots of PE stuff for the wessex including how to do a tail fold , I'm hoping I can figure out how to fold the main rotors as well :o

So I guess 2010 will be the year of Rescue Builds ;

So it's probably all your fault Aaron , Belcher bits stuff was the tip of the iceberg :worship:

John

It's kinda funny you should mention that ; Along with the Coast Guard and Canadian rescue birds I'm building , I've now become totally obsessed with "rescue" helicopters and

John

Ahhh the vision is correct, Helo53 we are your father, your journey to the 'dark side' is nearly complete.

Lord Helicopter

Ahhh the vision is correct, Helo53 we are your father, your journey to the 'dark side' is nearly complete.

Lord Helicopter

"Yes Father" , I'm almost there as I forgot to mention the USAF Rescue birds to be built

picture006zk.jpg

I have always liked the ADC Gray over White scheme on the USAF rescue helicopters , late last year I picked up Falcon's conversion set for a HC-130P Hercules , there is a nose blister , roof radome and extra external fuel tanks .

hc130nrefuellingch3.jpg

I dont have enough decals as yet for all the builds but I'm slowly getting things together .

Lord Helicopter should be pleased with my ongoing efforts , [ I hope ]

John

Only a little bit of progress , The fit of the front cockpit in the H-21 was a difficult to line up properly , so I decided to glue the two fuselage halves together first . While the glue was drying I made a cabin floor and rear bulkhead out of some sheet plastic .

picture018vi.jpg

I was able to [dry-fit] slide the floor section through the front opening and I can now line up the cockpit section to sit properly

picture019we.jpg

I'll give the cabin floor a few coats of interior gray and then glue everything in .

John .

• 2 weeks later...
The Hobbycraft kit isn't bad, but when you get to the Italeri kit you will find it much nicer.

If it helps you are not alone in your madness. :lol:

heli1.jpg

heli2.jpg

Aaron,

Somehow, I missed this post. Man, I thought my stash was "large"... :salute: Do you mind if I show these photos to my wife? Maybe she will finally understand that I am not the only one with this affliction...(LOL). Look forward to seeing some of these get built. You already know of my vast "In Progress" collection. I'm working on making some progress on that list right now. Just took a little break.

David

Aaron,

Somehow, I missed this post. Man, I thought my stash was "large"... :whistle: Do you mind if I show these photos to my wife? Maybe she will finally understand that I am not the only one with this affliction...(LOL). Look forward to seeing some of these get built. You already know of my vast "In Progress" collection. I'm working on making some progress on that list right now. Just took a little break.

David

Sure, but I'm a light weight. If you really want something to get her off your back, find one of the "show us your stash" posts here or at FSM. :)

Aaron,

Somehow, I missed this post. Man, I thought my stash was "large"... :jaw-dropping: Do you mind if I show these photos to my wife? Maybe she will finally understand that I am not the only one with this affliction...(LOL). Look forward to seeing some of these get built. You already know of my vast "In Progress" collection. I'm working on making some progress on that list right now. Just took a little break.

David

I probably fit into the same catagory as you david and probably lot's of other modelers as well in having a vast in progress collection . Along with the Canadian and USCG ongoing builds and desperatly trying to get some paint on at least one bird ; I insanly add more builds to my over crowded work bench .

h34gb6.jpg

"What's wrong with me" ?????

John