Mirage V BR / BA / BD /

Any Mirage experts here?

I want to build a Belgian AF Mirage V, preferably a BR model - talking 1/48 scale.

I know the V model had a number of differences from the III, so my question is which is the best Mirage III kit to use, and are there any conversions/after market bits etc out there for Belgian Mirages?

Thanks

Check Eagle Design: http://eagledesigns.50megs.com/48ck23.html

I'm not sure if resin are made for ESCI/Italeri Mirage IIIE or Heller Mirage IIIC, ask them while ordering.

There was a good article on how to made it in an old Issie of REPLIC magazine but I was in 32 scale I fear.

Hope this helps

Paolo

Any Mirage experts here?

I want to build a Belgian AF Mirage V, preferably a BR model - talking 1/48 scale.

I know the V model had a number of differences from the III, so my question is which is the best Mirage III kit to use, and are there any conversions/after market bits etc out there for Belgian Mirages?

Thanks

Bad thing is, the best place to start is on ESCI's Mirage V kit # SC 4032 it builds a Belgian Mirage V BA version, but finding one maybe problematic. I'm sure someone has one, they will never build sitting in a stash. Try posting on several of the forums.

Mike

Thanks for your replies guys. I'm now a little clearer about what I need, it's just where to get them from now!

I actually want to build a 2 seat V BD from Heller's Mirage IIIC/B and a V BR Recce version from Italeri's IIIE and the nose off of Academy's IIIR.

I discovered a company called Plastic World Modeli and the Aviation Mega store in NL do stock them, but shipping to the UK is horedous, so the search is on for a UK stockist? These guys produce the 1700ltr tanks and the BD nose.

a V BR Recce version from Italeri's IIIE and the nose off of Academy's IIIR

Be advised that the Academy kit, although advertised as 1/48th, is actually 1/50th - like the Fujimi kit is is, eh, "inspired" by. It might be doable to adapt the nose, it might not be.

HTH,

ANdre

Yep I second that. the academy is great if you don't add any third party, if you plan to, stay awayd from it as the scale won't match and you'll sand a lot (ask me how I know)

Here's the link to my build:

http://forums.europeanmodeller.com/index.php?showtopic=1187

there's one on this very forum as well but I can't find it back

I used Fonderie miniature IIIE with PWMC bits specific for the V. (tail, engine casing, wing bags and they also have a specific BD nose

Any IIIE is a good base for a Belgian mirage V

5BA_final2.jpg

Good advise Andre - I already have the IIIR so I'll have a play with it. I'm sure I'll also find that the camera windows only mildy resemble the real thing and will need some re-work also?

Red Dog - I followed your V build - fantastic by the way. Many "right clicks" :whistle:

The good news is that I discovered that the re-released Italeri IIIE now includes the 1700ltr tanks :rofl: so I just now need to sort out the nose for the BD and the

vertical stabiliser for the BR.

Do you guys know where I can pick up decals for the BA?

You would have to scrounge up Belgian roundels and squadron markings, but I could help you to the white "BA-xx" codes - I have an old sheet in the decal dungeon with white Belgian codes in both 1/72nd and 1/48th, and since I do Gentlemens'Scale predominantly you're welcome to a set of the larger codes if it will help.

HTH,

Andre

Do you guys know where I can pick up decals for the BA? The Daco sheet seems to be OOP. I have the PWMP conversion and Mirage kits galore but no markings. I really like the Belgian camo!

A new and complete revised version of my Mirage 5 decals is already printed, but I'm waiting to release them until I've finished the instructions (my Achilles' heel ...)

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

I am a Belgian myself and I can assure you that both Daco and PWMP are absolutely the stuff you need if you want a correct Belgian mirage!

The quality is for both SUPERB!

For both brands contact the makers themselves. they are absolutely great sellers that you can trust with your eyes shut!

For both brands contact the makers themselves. they are absolutely great sellers that you can trust with your eyes shut!

I decided to start on what will hopefully become a V BD last night. My immediate issue is obtaining the correct nose for this version because I think everything else can be sorted out.

I cannot find contact details for PWMP - could anyone help please?

I decided to start on what will hopefully become a V BD last night. My immediate issue is obtaining the correct nose for this version because I think everything else can be sorted out.

I cannot find contact details for PWMP - could anyone help please?

hello Gary

contact me at plasticworld@skynet.be

regards

JP PWMP

You would have to scrounge up Belgian roundels and squadron markings, but I could help you to the white "BA-xx" codes - I have an old sheet in the decal dungeon with white Belgian codes in both 1/72nd and 1/48th, and since I do Gentlemens'Scale predominantly you're welcome to a set of the larger codes if it will help.

HTH,

Andre

"Gentlemen's scale" :woot.gif: , you 72nd guys kill me! Anyways, seriously, thanks for the very generous offer. PM on it's way!

A new and complete revised version of my Mirage 5 decals is already printed, but I'm waiting to release them until I've finished the instructions (my Achilles' heel ...)

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

I look forward to their release!

Yeah! I m afraid I have to pimp up the simple and underdetalied Italeri/Esci IIIE, because nobody wants to make a conversion set for the HB/Eduard IIIC....is it that difficult? It s not my favorite to renew panellines and makes miles of riveting! :crying::boohoo: