Well Hasegawa you are about to lose another customer!!

I have 2 Hase kits in my stash.

- 1/32 F-104 that cost me about $60 (which is less than some 1/48 scale kits!)

- 1/32 F-86 that I picked up for $25 at a hobby show. Unfortunately it turns out that it was missing the clear sprue so it's going to cost me another $25 to put a canopy on it.

I've wandered up and down the Hasegawa isle at Udisco and I'm shocked at some of the prices. $40 for 1/72 scale F-4 Phantoms?!?! Yeah... I don't think so.

I pretty much stick to Academy and Trumpeter now.

well i got my last 2 1/48 Tomcat for 50$ shipping included so i can live with that appart for the fact that i just started one and its a B!tch to build!!!!!

I guess i can relate to this sore controversy. I am looking at the relatively new B-24J "coastal command" from Hasegawa, and i almost never bother with what a kit costs, but a domestic retailer is asking US128 for it, and that really is putting some serious strain on my state of mind or my modelling consciense if you will. And some of the other B-24`s also level out at around 100+ dollars. So i am having a hard time subduing myself into actually buying it even though i really want it. So, Hasegawa don`t expect too many young modelling recruits joining your semi-submerged fleet. Men may do so out of respect for themselves, but not kids..they know not to ask 50-100 dollars for a model kit.

That was last year. And quite a bit too, especially on their 32nd kits.

However, people seem to complain more when Hasegawa raises prices then when Tamiya does.

Jeff

The thing is, that Hasegawa seems to be churning out old kits with new decals and rasing the price of this kit considerably. Tamiya has raised their prices, but they turn out newer kits (Mustang, Spitfire in 32nd scalke) and the Fi156 in 48th scale.

Harald

I guess i can relate to this sore controversy. I am looking at the relatively new B-24J "coastal command" from Hasegawa, and i almost never bother with what a kit costs, but a domestic retailer is asking US128 for it, and that really is putting some serious strain on my state of mind or my modelling consciense if you will. And some of the other B-24`s also level out at around 100+ dollars. So i am having a hard time subduing myself into actually buying it even though i really want it. So, Hasegawa don`t expect too many young modelling recruits joining your semi-submerged fleet. Men may do so out of respect for themselves, but not kids..they know not to ask 50-100 dollars for a model kit.

Breadneck: that Coastal Command Liberator's MSRP is 5,600 Yen. Somewhere between when it leaves Hasegawas's warehouse and it got shelved at his LHS, the price increased by 100%. (actually it would have left Hasegawa's warehouse at about 4,400 yen, or 55 dollars). You can probably get it for under $70 dollars from HLJ or Lucky models with shipping if you feel so inclined.

Edited by -Neu-