Fujimi's 1/72 T/A-4G Skyhawk

Hi All,

Well this is the 1st of the builds for me. I started this kit last night with test fitting the AFT fuselage, wings and FWD fuselage and found that there is going to be a few gaps that i'm going to have to fix when i get to it. I've got 5 different No options to do so still haven't figured out which one im going to do yet.

SDC12203.jpg

I have been looking at what sort of armament I can load it with. I have a huge 4.4Gig PDF to sort through. :woot.gif:

Well for starters i have just finished the cockpit minus the seats. I started about 7.30 last night and finished it about 1am this morning

SDC12232.jpg

SDC12233.jpg

Cheers

Brendon

:cheers:, G'day Brendon,

Nice start you're making on your Skyhawk there. the cockpits of those early models, (before the Kiwis got at them) were very simple. I remember looking into the cockpit of one on the line at 2 OCU once and thinnking how simple they looked compared to more modern fighters. Then again the Mirage also had a relatively simple pit so I guess it came with that era.

:cheers:,

Ross.

update for today:

SDC12236.jpg

Installed the intake trunk and the fan plate and closed the fuselage, the intakes will hide the gaps around the trunk.

SDC12241.jpg

I'm going to have the flaps extended so cut them out before gluing the wings together, also cut the arrestor hook off as its fragile, going to replace it with a piece of wire latter on.

SDC12242.jpg

test fitting of the L/E slat, it seems to me that it sticks out to far.

SDC12237.jpg

finished for tonight.

Cheers

Brendon

Hello Brendon,

I finished almost the same bird a few weeks ago (single seater).

Beware of the realtive fragility of the refueling probe (I remplaced it with a piece of paper clip). You should also sand the step runing all around the nose just after the windshield.

Here's a link to my built (in french) click here !

Have a nice day,

Clément.

Good start on your Scooter, Brendon.

It's good to see this unit being represented in scale form and kudos to you for tying it in with this GB. I hope the rest of your progress is as smooth and I look forward to more pics.

Clement,

Thanks for linking to your build; it's very nice indeed and ditto my comment about how seldom VC-724 is modelled. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Thanks Clément, Andrew, Gremlin.

So far that's all I have been able to manage so far, as work has sort of got in the way of me being able to do anything to it ( i work on the 1:1 scale ones ).

Andrew, It very rare that 724 gets a mention, so thanks

Clément, Thanks for the link, its really a beaut build. I have a single seater to do as well, which will be done in VF805 camo scheme, just before they retired from service. I am planning to have the canopy deployed open, just wondering how you did it?

On the refuelling probe I manage to break it, so i will be doing the same thing with the paper clip, as i dont want to use the bent pipe from the A-4G.

hope to have some more shots soon

Cheers

Brendon

Hey Brandon!

For the canopy of the single seater, I just glued it carefully, nothing complicated at all as fujimi provide both the open and closed version.

For the paper clip probe, it's actually pretty easy to bend it the right way, if you use the kit one as template.

What decal sheet are you using by the way ?

Enjoy your skyhawk, these fujimi kits are real little gems!

Clément.

Hey Brandon!

For the canopy of the single seater, I just glued it carefully, nothing complicated at all as fujimi provide both the open and closed version.

For the paper clip probe, it's actually pretty easy to bend it the right way, if you use the kit one as template.

What decal sheet are you using by the way ?

Enjoy your skyhawk, these fujimi kits are real little gems!

Clément.

I'm Using Hawkeye Models Australia RAN-12G TA-4G Skyhawk VC-724 Sqn 1970s (Blue tail / yellow flash), unfortunately this sheet is OOP.

Brendon

Hi All,

Here is the latest update. I really haven't done much unfortunately, I injured my back at work and pretty much cant really sit down for to long.

glued the intakes and primed and pre shaded the panel lines

SDC12252.jpg

masked up the area's for red and shot it

SDC12254.jpg

All unmasked and ready for application of maskol over the red to start spraying the white.

SDC12255.jpg

Cheers

Brendon

;), g'day Brendon,

I'm sorry to hear about your back mate. I know what that's all about having injured mine during my own service life. Spent a couple of weeks in 3 RAAF Hospital in traction in the 70s and 80s. Despite the crook back you've done a great job with what you've done so far. Keep up the good work mate. :woot.gif: We're all looking forward to seeing more of your work on your Skyhawk.

:lol:,

Ross.

update for today:

well i ended up spraying all the white bits late last night, masked off the lower fuselage, the elevators and ailerons, and this afternoon, sprayed the grey.

Unfortunately, when i sprayed the grey it was a little thicker than i thought.... so the pre shading sort of went south but it should be ok :thumbsup: .

SDC12256.jpg

SDC12257.jpg

SDC12258.jpg

SDC12259.jpg

Just got to do a few touch ups but other than that it looks all hunky dory.

:beer:

Brendon