Aside from the resin Unicraft kit I did some time ago that appears on ARC, has anyone found any references for the MQ-1 predator being any other scheme or color than gray on gray or gray on white, or white all over?

I cannot seem to just go with gray or white... it has much more coolness potential with some sort of camo....

If anyone has found any fairly good ref showing an MQ in some other scheme :thumbsup: , please share it with me. The Bronco kit is about 1/2 completed on my workbench, and I guess I need to start planning its trip to the paint hanger.

In other very related news - this is the LAST Bronco kit I ever buy or build. My 1st was the L-4 grasshopper and I finished that out of spite alone. This kit will end the same way. It's not like it would be that much more work to have reasonable instructions, explanations of which option represents which version, and for heavens sake - better connection points in the molding. Hell even Frog was better at that. I have never had to remove as many tabs to get correct placement as I have for these 2 kits. Is a shame because I really wanted a kit of both of these subjects, but at this point even if they offer a scale Clumber Spaniel holding a pheasant in a kit, I will still skip it. Life is too short and my spare time I can dedicate on the workbench is just too precious to waste fighting a kit that should have been done better. Hell, if the instructions alone were better that'd be enough... but just too much trouble in one (and both) kit. I don't need a shake-together, reasonable work on a kit is fine. These are just lousy for no good reason. Clearly they spend good $ on the moldings and such... but that's it for me and Bronco.

Harumpf.

TIA, tracy

Edited by Clumber

Thanks, Murph. Yeah, figured as much but I can always hope. The 72nd Unicraft one I did in the SEA scheme looked pretty cool, but i don't really want to do a what-if again.... Ok, gray it is.

(minor pouting)

04.jpg

Tracy,

Unfortunately I don't think you have a lot of choice on the paint schemes, unless you want to do a "what if."

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Clumber
Thanks, Murph. Yeah, figured as much but I can always hope. The 72nd Unicraft one I did in the SEA scheme looked pretty cool, but i don't really want to do a what-if again.... Ok, gray it is.

(minor pouting)

04.jpg

that's nice.

hey Tracy, good to see you around these parts, long time since I said hi, so hi! hey, not to go off subject, but did you ever finish that Su25?

Shark

No, it is still in "time out". Still plan to finish it though! Maybe after I get more of the in-progress off my bench.

that's nice.

hey Tracy, good to see you around these parts, long time since I said hi, so hi! hey, not to go off subject, but did you ever finish that Su25?

Shark

How about NASA's Altus? Just a few mods needed, but at least it's not gray.

EC98-44684-2.jpg

Aside from the resin Unicraft kit I did some time ago that appears on ARC, has anyone found any references for the MQ-1 predator being any other scheme or color than gray on gray or gray on white, or white all over?

I cannot seem to just go with gray or white... it has much more coolness potential with some sort of camo....

If anyone has found any fairly good ref showing an MQ in some other scheme :doh: , please share it with me. The Bronco kit is about 1/2 completed on my workbench, and I guess I need to start planning its trip to the paint hanger.

In other very related news - this is the LAST Bronco kit I ever buy or build. My 1st was the L-4 grasshopper and I finished that out of spite alone. This kit will end the same way. It's not like it would be that much more work to have reasonable instructions, explanations of which option represents which version, and for heavens sake - better connection points in the molding. Hell even Frog was better at that. I have never had to remove as many tabs to get correct placement as I have for these 2 kits. Is a shame because I really wanted a kit of both of these subjects, but at this point even if they offer a scale Clumber Spaniel holding a pheasant in a kit, I will still skip it. Life is too short and my spare time I can dedicate on the workbench is just too precious to waste fighting a kit that should have been done better. Hell, if the instructions alone were better that'd be enough... but just too much trouble in one (and both) kit. I don't need a shake-together, reasonable work on a kit is fine. These are just lousy for no good reason. Clearly they spend good $ on the moldings and such... but that's it for me and Bronco.

Harumpf.

TIA, tracy

That is pretty cool - though I find it a bit amusing that they have painted the "pilot's" name under where a cockpit would be if, you know, it had a cockpit!

There was a predator done with invasion stripes on its rear stabilizers.

When I did my 1/48 one a few months ago, I used that scheme, but I also transferred them to the wings......which wasn't on the real aircraft.

Link to photo