Just finished 1/32 PCM Hurricane MK 1

Looks great! But how about more pics?

Cheers!

Alexander.

:rolleyes:

HI Alexander

I fully appreciate that you want to see more but as this is a magazine build I always try to be fair to those who buy the magazine and not publish any more than one as a taster on the web. I hope this at least in some small way explains why only one photo?

John

Edited by tigger

Really nice model.

I have been tempted to buy the PCM Hurry.

Did you find any issue?

Understand your standpoint, posting a taster on the web, to invite in buying the magazine.

But, please, undestand our web-modelers point of view.

From a while there's this common trend, by magazine-modelers, to post just one picture on web forums to promote the sell of the mag.

But this is often seen by a lot of us as the worm in the hook.

This way we feel just as fishes to catch.

And I don't like this.

Why to promote your work on the web forums, if you wanna be fair with those who will buy the mag?

To promote your work only on the former issue of the mag, should be more fair with us, instead of showing just a photo and say "now let's go to buy the mag!".

Don't you agree?

Such a behavior often helps the determination to NOT buy the mag.

My best consideration anyway, Tigger. What above is not to criticize you.

It's only a consideration on a recent trend of known modellers that use the forums JUST to promote the sell of their mags.

And to let you (or other editors, hoping) watch things even from our standpoint.

I really like your Hurricane, for what I can see.

Paolo

Edited by rotaliscia

rotaliscia

Thank you for your comments. I must point out that this is an open public forum and as such we are all entitled to show off any work we do regardless of if it is for a Magazine or not.

Whilst I understand your frustration I don't accept that it is un fair as in fact it serves to be a great place for me to get some feedback and in the past it has made me aware of issues I had missed . I do not use it as a method of selling magazines because I am not in marketing and this is just a hobby for me. I have a full time occupation. I make a point of only showing the one photo as I was asked by one editor to not show more before the article is published and after all most of the time that is where the kit has come from so I fully respect that.

You will also note that after my article's are published I often release the full text and more photo's and show them on other web sites so you are if you go to those sites, getting a free copy of the magazine article plus the bits the editor may take out sosurely this is not good marketing. See I told you I wasn't in marketing!

Anyway with regards to the model I would say that if you have some experience of limited run kits then you will be OK . There are some fit issues with the wings and as has been pointed out on another site some possible errors with the markings.

Hope this answers your points?

John

Edited by tigger

Thanks for your reply, John.

I understand your standpoint and I'm agree with almost all your considerations.

I was not aware of the articles you edit on the forums, after the magazine has been published. Apologize.

This seems to me really polite, and I hope your behavior can be shared by others.

I'm pretty sure you understand my disappoint with modelers and editors that take advantage of public forums just to promote the sell of their mags.

And I usually buy magazines, just to be clear (...to be honest only British magazines actually, but this is just a coincidence, as a pair of these are on mine top-list! )

I absolutely do not want to start a dispute or a polemic, but I would like to know someone else opinion.

I could be wrong, after all.

All my best consideration, Tigger

friendly,

Paolo

Edited by rotaliscia

I don't care if it is one pic or a hundred. Post what you want to and if they really feel the need to see more then they can buy the magazine. If you don't just continue on you way and be happy.

rotaliscia

Thank you for your comments. I must point out that this is an open public forum and as such we are all entitled to show off any work we do regardless of if it is for a Magazine or not.

Whilst I understand your frustration I don't accept that it is un fair as in fact it serves to be a great place for me to get some feedback and in the past it has made me aware of issues I had missed . I do not use it as a method of selling magazines because I am not in marketing and this is just a hobby for me. I have a full time occupation. I make a point of only showing the one photo as I was asked by one editor to not show more before the article is published and after all most of the time that is where the kit has come from so I fully respect that.

You will also note that after my article's are published I often release the full text and more photo's and show them on other web sites so you are if you go to those sites, getting a free copy of the magazine article plus the bits the editor may take out sosurely this is not good marketing. See I told you I wasn't in marketing!

Anyway with regards to the model I would say that if you have some experience of limited run kits then you will be OK . There are some fit issues with the wings and as has been pointed out on another site some possible errors with the markings.

Hope this answers your points?

John

Really nice Tigger! Would you say the Hurricane build is on par with the PCM Spitfire? I've built that, and while not contest worthy, it is a nice addition to my display and I would consider another PCM kit to build.

Did you do anything to tone down the fabric effect on the wings? The wings and tail plane fabric detailing looked a little heavy on the photos I've seen of the parts. Also, I think the rag wing Hurricanes look nice with the two-blade prop!

Really nice Tigger! Would you say the Hurricane build is on par with the PCM Spitfire? I've built that, and while not contest worthy, it is a nice addition to my display and I would consider another PCM kit to build.

Did you do anything to tone down the fabric effect on the wings? The wings and tail plane fabric detailing looked a little heavy on the photos I've seen of the parts. Also, I think the rag wing Hurricanes look nice with the two-blade prop!

Hi Shaun

The build is pretty much straight from the box with the wings untouched. I did reduce the rivet/fasteners on the nose because I thought they were too heavy. You are right and it is pretty much like previous PCM kits, expect to do some work to get a good result, be prepared to do some filling and sanding to get it all to fit but stick with it.

John