Mitsubishi XT-2 - Hasegawa 1/48

Hello everybody.

I am joining this GB with Mitsubishi XT-2, from Hasegawa.

This is going to be my first modern era jet after a break of 20 years. I spent last 1 year reading, learning and getting to know new techniques.

Anyway, now it is time to practice...

This is the kit...

DSC_0343.jpg

I am about to complete the cockpit... I made the harnesses from aluminium folio.

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

I noticed those ejection marks on the pictures! What a miss..! Hopefully they won't be seen after the fuselage is assembled.

And, just don't ask me about those left arms!! I don't know what to do with them at this stage.. Maybe two small kitties, one for each pilot??!

Cheers...

Edited by alsany

Some progress..

Office area almost completed...

DSC03002.jpg

I believe that the air intakes will be the weakest part of the build. I really can't understand why Hasegawa has given this part in three pieces. The two small parts have huge ejection holes at the back, and they don't fit the large part well.

DSC03007.jpg

And now it is starting to look like something :)

DSC03006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Little update here..

Wings and pylons fitted.

DSC03024.jpg

Some putty work, with Mr.Dissolved Putty, had to be done.

DSC03025.jpg

Cockpit still needs drybrushing.

DSC03034.jpg

Wheel bays were so bare, some detailing was necessary. But I couldn't find reference photographs showing the wheel bays, so there goes my imagination...

DSC03019.jpg

Some very good pictures here The big main geardoors seems to be closed on ground, similar to F-15 or F-104.

Kind Regards,

Jürgen

Wheel bays were so bare, some detailing was necessary. But I couldn't find reference photographs showing the wheel bays, so there goes my imagination...
Some very good pictures here The big main geardoors seems to be closed on ground, similar to F-15 or F-104.

Kind Regards,

Jürgen

Jürgen,

That is a terrific source, there are tons of pictures. Thanks for sharing. It is unfortunate that i had assembled landing gears last night, before seeing those pictures. Anyway, I have another T-2 and a F-1 waiting to be built, so those pictures will be very useful.

By the way, I was thinking of making big main doors open. First, kit parts don't fit so well and requires a lot of putty work and rescribing. Second, showing some detail would be a nice feature I guess... As seen here.