1/72 Bf110C\D in stock at Airfix.com

Cockpit is basic, surface detailing should satisfy most, but the engraving is a little on the heavy side - similar to the 1/72 Spitfire kits. An application of Mr Surfacer will reduce this considerably.

peebeep

Ah right, there wouldnt by anychance be any aftermarket resin cockpits for 110s would there? as it does seem like quite a nice looking kit with some good potential. i assume weapon loadouts are 2 sc250s under the fuse or 2 sc 500 under the fuse. with the possibility of added external drop tanks under the wings?

There also is a 'long range' D/E coming with the extended tail - not sure if it is on the sprues or not in this one. That'd be the main differance along with a new nose with a vent between the guns (just finishing an Eduard BF-110E-2)

Remember this replaces a stone age kit in the Airfix range. Now there are three 72nds, Fujimi, Italeri and now Airfix.

It's a pretty good time for modellers of the Zerstörer, 2 new tools in 48th - Eduard (does the G qualify as a second tooling of the 110 from them?) and Dragon, 1 new 72nd Airfix and the 32nd Dragons.

Now there are three 72nds, Fujimi, Italeri and now Airfix.

Some of us still have a Matchbox 110 in the stash!

Not sure what the aftermarket situation is with 1/72 110's, but these new kits deserve something to dress them up.

peebeep

Some of us still have a Matchbox 110 in the stash!

Not sure what the aftermarket situation is with 1/72 110's, but these new kits deserve something to dress them up.

peebeep

Forgot the Matchbox one, was the first nightfighter in 72nd?

It is kinda funny over on Hyperscale is a question about the Mauve 48th kits (Fujimi base with an injection molded coversion). There is a kit I figured was extinct a decade ago.

ive had a look on Hannants and there are some very nice P.E parts for the Fujimi cockpit that im sure with some work and love you could get to fit, i also noticed a resin one, this time for the italiari kit, but again with some love and care you could make it fit. not bad prices either. if nothing apprears in the next 3 weeks, i will take the plunge and see what i can get to fit. As for the external detail and the model over all, how does it compare to fujimi and italiari kits, is it better, or should the 72nd 110 fans try and find one of the other 2 kits?

The Matchbox kit offered a C/D option, pretty much the same as this new Airfix release. Even the schemes are similar.

moofles, I had a fairly close look at the sprues last February on the Airfix stand at the Yeovilton show. It's difficult to make comparisons without having the other kits to hand, although I have Italeri and Fujimi kits in the stash. In my minds eye at least, the new Airfix kit looks at least as good as any other 1/72 110 and it comes at a very reasonable £7.99.

peebeep

hmmm sounds good, i am very impressed by the price tag, and im almost certain that as soon as my local hobby shop has it in i will pick it up, hell you cannot go wrong for £8, will also look into some aftermarket parts as im a bit of a super detail cockpit freak. will be intresting to see all the great amazing colour schemes.

Italeri's Bf 110C has some shape problems, especially with the engines/props/spinners iirc, and Fujimi is too thin in the fuselage from cockpit aft in planview, again iirc. Long ago there was a resin cockpit set for the Italeri Bf 110G, it was quite nice, but it has been OOP for around 15 years.

Looking forward to build some bf 110, plenty of decals in the stash, also a lot of left overs from Fujimi kits, so lots of variant to start on, and at very aforable price.

cheers

Jes

What are the engine nacelles like? One of the drawbacks of the Fujimi kit is that you have to drill out the radiator intakes. Also, how thick it the Canopy on the Airfix offering?

SN

Excellent peebeep. Many thanks!

You wouldn't happen to have a shot of the third sprue, would you?

Also, some close up shot or cropped higher resolution pic to be able to appreciate surface detail?

Yeah, I know I'm asking too much, but I'm a desperate modeller! :huh:

Jorge.

It's the Dragon that I'm waiting for. I've been so disappointed in the new Airfix releases and have waited so long for a good 110 kit. I don't really want to settle for a poorly detailed Airfix kit.

My intention is also definitively waiting for the Dragon release, even if I am slightly disappointed about the new Meteor. Although it is still probably better starting point than the MPM kit, but the surface detail needs obviously some refinement and the interior is still not fine enough to be just let "as is".

So, maybe a good kit (if there are no serious accuracy issues), but still no "revolution"...

Now, I am pretty sure that there will be no need to replace the P-51D and the Bf 109E by Tamiya by the announced Dragon releases. And at least not sure that it will also worth this in case of MPM A-20G, Fujimi Ju 87B and Academy SB2C-4.

Still a great hope remain, however, an F6F and a Spitfire I...

Edited by IS_