C-27J Spartan in 1/72

RR Darts (i.e. Vickers Viscount) would fit a C-119 perfectly, but I'm not sure if there's a 1/72 kit you could rob them from. Of course, it's sorta been done..albeit with four engines...

SN

Armstrong-Whitworth-AW-660-Argosy.jpg

Useless fact of the day - the wing on the Argosy was basically a modified Shackelton design.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just been working my way through the C-27J build, and found an apparent anomaly that is difficult to correct.

The beautifully curved propellor blades seem to be twisted the wrong way. From root to tip, the twist is anticlockwise, increasing the pitch as you move out from the root to the tip, contrary to normal practice. All the photos and both real aircraft that I have photographed show a decreasing pitch, with a clockwise twist. In fact, the kit parts look great if matched with a mirrored image. And no, I wasn't using a reversed image.

Have I missed something or is this an opportunity for some aftermarket correction?

Howard

Just been working my way through the C-27J build, and found an apparent anomaly that is difficult to correct.

The beautifully curved propellor blades seem to be twisted the wrong way. From root to tip, the twist is anticlockwise, increasing the pitch as you move out from the root to the tip, contrary to normal practice. All the photos and both real aircraft that I have photographed show a decreasing pitch, with a clockwise twist. In fact, the kit parts look great if matched with a mirrored image. And no, I wasn't using a reversed image.

Have I missed something or is this an opportunity for some aftermarket correction?

Howard

EDIT: I checked my kit, and he's 100% correct! How did Italeri miss this one? Yikes!

Edited by MHaz