This made me lol

Amazon Product review

Revell 1:48 F-14A Tomcat

:jaw-dropping:

Worst toy ever I bought for my son

November 23, 2010 By S. Raut

This toy has so many pieces. Those pieces do not have even click or snap on. This toy is really waste of money. I tried to do it for 4 days and still could not come even close to the picture shown. I would recommend buy some other toy for your kid.

Now THAT is funny. :worship:

I just went on Amazon and found that review. In his defense, it doesn't specifically state that it is a model kit that requires glue and paint. That being said, it does say there are 155 parts and it presents a choking hazard to children. To make matters worse, Amazon just drops it into their "Toys and Games" category. Little Jonny probably said he wanted an F-14 and dad (who apparently never touched a model as a kid or adult) went on Amazon, went to the Toys and Games section and searched for F-14. The rest, is, well, pretty clear from the review. :)

If you go to search Toys and Games, the Revell kit is the number one item in the search for F-14.

That being said, some people just don't get it.

Edited by JasonW

I was browsing in a hobby shop last summer, and a woman came in wanting a refund for a Pegasus Spitfire kit she had gotten as a birthday gift for her son. It was already assembled and the stickers were put on, but she said her son became frustrated because the wings wouldn't stay together, and it was supposed to be a snap-together kit. The clerk offered to glue the wings together for her, but she nicely but firmly insisted on a full refund, since the product didn't perform as advertised. The clerk obliged..probably figured the cost of the kit was a small price to avoid a big stink and possible negative publicity.

SN

Hah Hah, I randomly came across another one.

http://www.amazon.com/Academy-U-S-Machine-...0856&sr=8-1

I'm not quite anal enough to purposely try to find and fix these reviews.

That one was quite amusing as well.

I think that Amazon would be well served to have a separate, distinct section for model kits and not list them under "Toys and Games" as many of these folks are thinking "toy" when they buy this stuff. But that's just me. :D