Revell Ventura

Has anybody got any news on the Revell PV1 Ventura? I heard it's supposed to be out this year. I'm chomping at the bit to use my Christmas gift certificates but I trying to save them for a couple of Venturas.

I've committed to four kits! (my LHS loves me). After the flyover by a Ventura about two hours before the ice storm I almost told him to make that six kits! (made a very low level pass heading south to escape the ice storm). Now I'm also thinking we might just get a couple conversion kits to maybe build a Hudson and possibly a PV1 1/2! Lets hope the kit is as good as their new B17G or the Arado

gary

Revell USA had a completed test shot at I-Hobby in October. Since this is not a RoG kit, I'm not sure why it would be at Nuremburg.

From asking a few shops in my area, they keep saying Q1 2011, so probably this month or next.

Edited by muswp1
  • 1 month later...

I just asked my LHS about this, she said it doesnt show a release date but it was in the system of her supplier. I happened to look and see that her cost for the kit was $16.69 each, retail is $29.99. Hell of a mark up.

I just asked my LHS about this, she said it doesnt show a release date but it was in the system of her supplier. I happened to look and see that her cost for the kit was $16.69 each, retail is $29.99. Hell of a mark up.

lets hope that somebody like Mike West comes out with some conversion kits for the Revell kit. A Hudson would be extremely high on my want list! I wonder if the Revell kit will come with the glass nose and gun packs? Lets hope it's as good as the B17G

gary

lets hope that somebody like Mike West comes out with some conversion kits for the Revell kit. A Hudson would be extremely high on my want list! I wonder if the Revell kit will come with the glass nose and gun packs? Lets hope it's as good as the B17G

gary

If you want a Hudson, you would need an all new kit. The Ventura has very little in common with the Hudson since both are based on different aircraft.

Really, you think so? :rofl:

Man that's better the the "cost" discount I used to get 25 years ago working at a shop....it was 30/15...then, that looks to be

about 30/25.......

Its 56% of the retail, thats problably from Great Plains as they are now the owners of Revell. Discounts when I was with a Dist. 15 years ago were usually 40/5 , 50 or 50/5 or 10 depending on the distributor and the amount purchased. I had one customer that would buy about 10 to 20K a mouth, they had even a better deal due to the amount they spent every month.

• 3 weeks later...