SPARTACUS: Gods Of The Arena

YES! Totally digging this show and the Blood and Sand series before it.

Almost everyone is a villian of some sort in the show and I've grown to like each and every characther. Take Crixus for example- BAD BAD dude, but you really get to sypethise with him as he's a very 3-dimensional charachter.

Can't get enough if this show.

Funny thing is that all the Orgies and Zex take a second seat to the characthers IMHO

I very much enjoyed "Blood and Sand" when it came out on DVD, and will most definitely look forward to this second season. (Too bad they killed off Lucy Lawless' character though!) :lol:

Shows like this and HBO's "Rome" from a few years ago inspire me to get my hands on some good books about Roman history; Robert Graves translation of Suetonius "The 12 Caesars" reads like a first-rate political thriller/novel. There was also a book that came out recently entitled "The Assasination of Julius Caesar: A People's History of Rome" that sounds very good.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

I am a regular. I have seen every episode last year and this year. The characters are great but I really like the dialogue. Lucy is a hottie and if you listen to her interviews, she really enjoys this series. The attention to detail is very good. Let's see how the senior Batiatus exits the show.

Out here

Yep, love the show. I thinked they upped the budget on the prequel (special effects wise). Actually looks better. And there seems to be more blood/back stabbing/naughty stuff going on, if thats even possible!

I heard that Lucy Lawless might not be dead? Probably rumors.

The only issue I'm going to have is when the orginal series starts up again...they had to change the lead actor...he got diagnoised with cancer and still hasn't recovered yet from the treatment, so they are going with a new guy.

I'm glad they have this on netflix, I really enjoyed watching the first season this past summer and I'll start getting caught up on the new series tonight :D

It does not skip a beat........it's great to see how who got who and how things started out..........Lucy's a little Devil :jaw-dropping:

Lucy Lawless does kick @ss in this show. I was never interested in her as Zena, liked her in BSG, but here she really shines.

John Hannah has surprised me too, I had only seen him previously in the Mummy movies, were he never got a chance to shine.

There's so many good actors and characters in this show I could go on and on...

John Hannah has surprised me too, I had only seen him previously in the Mummy movies, were he never got a chance to shine.

He really a funny funny dude!

He shows up in a couple episodes of "Carnivale" (Season 1), which I'm currently getting from Netflix (don't like it nearly as much as "Deadwood" or the Spartacus series).

Hannah had a small but memorable role in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" as well.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

which I'm currently getting from Netflix (don't like it nearly as much as "Deadwood" or the Spartacus series).

Deadwood getting cancelled was a major disapointment for me...so much so I got rid of HBO (and only got it back when the Pacific debuted and promptly cancelled it again). Though I've watched Boardwalk Empire at the parents place last year, it might get me to subscribe again to it (along with Showtime for Dexter..which is another one of my fav shows!)

End of 2011 I think.

Not sure I will watch it though if Andy Whitfield (Spartacus) is not back. He had gotten sick (cancer), which I think was part of the reason for the prequel. Then he got better so season two was back on, but now he is sick again and has officially handed over the reigns. Although there are many other actors that the show could hang on, to lose a main character kinda sucks.

Loved Blood and Sand, loving Gods of the Arena, can't wait for Season 2. Wish they didn't have to recast the lead, but I'm keeping an open mind, it might be better. We survived the 2 Darrens, I think I'll be OK.

There are so many plot twists, it never seems to get predictable. GotA is a little, but only because you sorta know what coming. B&S had so many stunned I didn't see THAT coming moments.